Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, November 1, 2020

Lots of Birds, an Elephant, a Horse and Deer Family~


Male Wood Duck at Long Run Park~

Hi Dear Friends...what a year it has been!  This has been such a long time of so missing my blog, visiting you all and seeing what you have been up to during this horrific Pandemic.  My thoughts have been for many of you that I know well and hoped that you and yours have remained healthy.  After my sister passed away in June, I just kind of made a self protect for myself, which I still continue to do and will until this is past us.  Seriously, we are in a real crisis in this country and it's very frightening, and I am personally at high risk, due to breathing issues and doing my very best to stay well.  My husby has only left our driveway since January ending around 10 times and I have to run the errands.  It's mostly my doing pickup groceries at the market.  I've tried to get out and walk a bit also.  The worst thing for me has been having to wait in any line at the Post Office, or UPS. For some reason that triggers a bit of frustration for me, but I am doing better with it.  Covid19 has reached the neighbors behind us as well as down the lane from us, but so far we have been blessed.  I pray each of you and your families have been okay as well.

It was quite a shock to come here to post and see everything has changed again.  I talked via Facebook to one of our mutual blogger friends about me not being able to figure out how to now delete an image from my post.  There used to be a right click on photo and it would give options such as remove.  I don't have that any longer.  This is my 5th attempt at completing this post...huge sigh!  It only duplicated once this time and it's actually a tiny bit different as the one I wanted to share and that is fine with me.  

Have a wonderfully blessed week, and stay safe and healthy~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after  you have read the narratives~


I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter


Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Angie at:  
Mosaic Monday
https://tentoesinthewater.blogspot.com/




Stewart for:




Male Eclipse duck and Red-eared Slider at Long Run Park~




There were three Osprey nests sites that I got to observe this past season.  These were over in Southern Indiana~



Little Fitz, the baby elephant at the Louisville Zoo is getting bigger each time I have the chance to see him.  It's not very often right now due to Covid19~



Ruby-throated Hummingbirds arrived last March and they left right around mid October.  I have heard that we still have stragglers in the Southern part of the state~




I had trouble with these images...the photos were off and so now they look like drawings, but they are indeed photographs of  Ruby-throated Hummingbirds~


Red-tailed hawk looking pretty magnificent~


Love Barn Swallows~


It's always a pleasure to visit Zeke the stunning Friesian and his owner Elena.  Last month I had an opportunity to watch as they trained together.  Elena has worked so hard to get expert training for Zeke and herself.  I love watching them~ <3


My favorite set of images for their delicate, natural bokeh and subject matter of Eastern Bluebirds collecting berries for their nourishment on Tingsgrove~





This was a pleasant surprise as I have only seen this bird twice before, but not on our property.  It's a lovely Blue-headed Vireo~





Pileated Woodpecker the largest species that we have~




Autumn colour on our Tingsgrove~

A Mother doe that we call BE for Bread Eater...she loves white bread... was nursing two of her fawns at 4 months of age.  One of them a male already had buttons formed and so I don't know how much longer she will let them nurse like this~



One of my favorite Autumn visitors are the beautiful Cedar Waxwings~









We had a few kinds of Thrushes and like Warblers and Sparrows, I just toss it up to guessing the ID. So Pretty they are~



Yellow-rumped Warblers have arrived by the dozens...now they are easy to ID and oh so very adorable they are~


The little birds below were migrating visitors in late September, early October to our property.  I have written the name of species on a few, but others are mostly Warblers and I am awful at trying to ID them correctly~




































A White-tailed buck trying to hide from me, but I actually saved him from being hit by oncoming traffic a couple of minutes before I took these pictures of him~


10 comments:

  1. Mary, as always your blog is such a pleasure to view! Stay safe, stay well!
    I am really behind in my visiting today since "life got in the way". Thanks for linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exquisite color you have in your photos! Really breathtaking! Thank you and have a grand week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many wow photos - that first duck was a strong magnet, and all the sweet hummingbird photos - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - so nice to see you posting again - we missed your terrific contribution to Mosaic Monday!!! COVID cases have spiked in Montana, but we are fortunate to be healthy and that no one we know has gotten sick. Fabulous shots of the osprey, but my favorite picture has to be the bluebird in flight. You are so blessed to see such a variety of birds around you! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary,
    what a year it has been, at times so stressful. I am glad you and your family are doing ok. I lot this action packed post. Beautiful captures of the ducks, hummingbird, osprey and warblers. The Bluebirds and Swallows are so sweet. I think one of your photos and mosaics show the Black-throated Green Warbler. Lovely capture of the deer family and the buck. The horse and rider photos are great! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care and stay safe! PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful captures... I enjoyed reading here.
    Stay healthy and well.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear from you...you've been in my thoughts and prayers these past few months. You take the most amazing photos of nature and I'm glad you are sharing them today! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary :) Nice to meet you. You really take superb photos! I love the hummingbird!! What a sweet elephant, it must be such a treat to see him grow! The photos you took of the deer in that position kind of remind me of kangaroos! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your sister. I feel like giving you a hug. I've enjoyed looking at all your wonderful photos. I hardly ever see cedar waxwings, but when I do it is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of lovely mosaics.
    Happy Monday

    Much💙love

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~