Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Zeke the Friesian Gelding, Wee Birds and Paintings~


Zeke, taken last month in Oldham County, KY~

Followup from my post published last March 23...

The mystery of this beauty was finally answered last March.  
Many will remember that I introduced you to this handsome Friesian gelding the first part of March.  
Both Zeke and a horse named Mojo are owned by the same lovely lady who boarded them at the time at the Aspiring Heights Equestrian Center.  
In March I introduced you respectfully to Zeke aka Pedro fan de Klaster. 
Zeke was born in Northern Holland 5 years ago this past May 14, and was shipped here a year ago last May.  His blessed owner is Elena, who shared with me that Zeke is a "kind heart-ed horse who loves to flip switches on and off, grab blankets, brushes and pick your pockets for treats." 

Kentucky is horse country USA...and they are everywhere and they are all beautiful, all of them in their own right.  
So how did I come upon Zeke and make him my personal favorite?  I don't really know, other than when I first spotted him, I was truly amazed by his beauty out in the pasture with the other horses at the equestrian center.  The sun was shinning on him and he was stunning, standing out like something royal, head held high and long mane and tail flowing behind him.  Stunning enough so that I pulled the car up to take some photographs.  Then I went back, returning several times just to watch him and his pasture buddies graze and occasionally run about.  
I am hoping to get more images of this amazing creature in the not too distant future...he is so wonderful!
Zeke touched my soul and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to get to see him up close and to meet his owner Elena.  It turned out that she also happens to be a flight attendant, as was I many years gone by.  She has been so kind and this past Summer we finally had an opportunity to meet and I was able to meet Zeke, and to give both him and Mojo apple and carrot treats.  One of the days that I visited the center since, I had my twin grandsons with me and they were impressed with everything about Zeke, Mojo, and all of the other horses that have the good fortune to live where they do.  Later in the day we trekked back over to watch Zeke's trainer work with him...what a gorgeous creature...I am in awe. 
   
Oh if I could, 
I so would...
Zeke is For Sale~   
Huge sigh!  


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after    you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter


Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Maggie's  
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:





The image shares above and below this writing were taken last Winter, all others were taken last month~



That's Zeke with his fly mask on early one morning in August along with some of his barn/pasture buddies.  
The land where he and Mojo live is really beautiful  now boarded at:
 Temple Equestrian at the Mason Lane Farm~





Finally, at last, I met Zeke and I had a lump in my throat, his beauty up close even more amazing than out in the pastures where I had seen him~


My grandsons Cullen and Kerrick met Zeke, Mojo and other barn buddies while visiting~


Owner Elena and her handsome Zeke and Mojo~ 


Zeke going through his paces during a training session...what a beauty.  
The trainer made it look so easy.  
When I was younger I rode big beautiful horses like this and it was always a great experience.  
Oh to have ever had the opportunity to ride Zeke, for now, I can only imagine~









After his workout, Zeke got a well deserved bath~




My grandmothers were passed away before I was ever born.  The closest person to a grandmother that I ever had was my Great Aunt Bunna.  
She passed away several years ago and then her son lived in her home for a couple of years before he too passed away. 
There was a big auction afterwards and one of the things that I had always enjoyed seeing were the two Hummingbird hooks.  
I bid on them and won~



In our part of the country, we only have the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. 
 This time of year they come through in great numbers and even though I have 7 feeders filled with sweet nectar, they battle all of the time.  
It's a wonder that any of them survive the way they spend so much time and energy chasing each other out of the temporary territory they have claimed~
















Two juveniles getting ready for battle.
Well kind of like a battle when they chase each other about~



Yes, there are two Hummingbirds in this photograph ;) ~










  This little one had been guarding the same three feeders for hours and it was on the ready to guard it's "territory" ~




My Acrylic Marbling paintings done between mid March and the start of August of this year.  
Most of them were gifted, kept, and a couple of them SOLD.  
Others remain here and I would love to find a home for them, but this kind of art doesn't touch everyone's' like list.  
Back in high school I took 3 years of Art , Art Appreciation and Advanced Art Appreciation classes.  Back in grade school I was often selected to draw the figures for the construction paper murals in the hallway and classroom.  I was not ever exposed my to Acrylic paints and so this was a new kind of fun for me to endeavor, and oh so frustrating at times...trust me...what a huge challenge this kind of art is~













This was a canvas that I had done a painting on, didn't care for and then did another painting over that...didn't like it either.  I would soak the entire canvas in hot water face down in the bathtub for a few minutes and then peel off the paint mix.  This image was taken as I had peeled back about 1/3 of the top painting, revealing the first one.  After I later looked at this, I wished that I had kept it just as it was and framed it as Art...
I see an Opossum sticking it's red tongue out at me...LOL, what do you see?


17 comments:

  1. Zeke is an example of the grace and grandeur of Nature. I can't imagine buying and selling such gorgeous creatures. I know they aren't puppies...but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your acrylic art is beautiful. I've read that you should hang a painting in your home because the colors speak to you, not because of the subject matter -- because after a while of being there the picture itself becomes so familiar you don't really even see it, while the color can lift your spirits and affect your mood! If that is true (I'm not an artist) I'd think people would be lining up to buy your paintings.
    Your grandboys look so happy with the pretty horses and as always your birds and mosaics are incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary, Zeke is a beautiful horse and sounds like he has a great personality. I love your hummers photos, gorgeous captures. The hummingbird hook is beautiful, glad you won the bid. Your artwork is lovely. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Zeke images Mary. He is absolutely stunning, love him. And the Hummingbirds, beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary,
    What a beautiful series of photos and collages.
    The pictures of the hummingbirds are great.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm partial to horses & hummingbirds & LOVE art! This was so special!!

    Thanks for coming over to I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend to share your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kalispera Mary. Good Evening frpm Greece. So sorry but I'm struggling to type on my MotoG. I will catch up with you ASAP. Phil and Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zeke is absolutely gorgeous and the hummingbirds are very pretty. Your photos show all their beauty, very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zeke is beautiful! My hummingbirds fight all the time too. I say the same thing about not knowing how they get enough to eat when they spend so much time fighting over the feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zeke is magnificent. Your art is lovely and the hummingbirds gorgeous! Always a delight to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Mary, I don't know where to begin so I guess I'll start with thanking you for your visit and lovely comment on Marmelade Gypsy.

    I confess, I am totally blown away by your painting. Zeke -- painting and photos -- is a stunner. You so captured his soul. And your photos of the birds are splendid. I love your paintings, too. They have such energy, color and power -- I'm very impressed. Thanks for visiting. It brought me here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh, Zeke for sale. I can't imagine your twin grandsons were twisting your arm to buy a horse? I can see why you are just a little bit obsessed with HIM. Your hummer pictures are gorgeous. I had the same observation this summer about our Rufous hummers - how do they have the energy to be chasing each other around all the time? As for your 'possum art, I see a dog with it's tongue out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s a pleasure again to visit each.... happy Mosaic Monday

    Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I enjoyed this wonderful post simply brimming over with natural beauty,. Where to start.....Zeke is amazing it's no surprise to me that you fell for him, how lovely that your grandsons got to meet him too. Just as you've never seen a cow jump a fence I've never seen a hummingbird, the things we discover through blogging never ceases to amaze me, as does your art.
    Have a wonderful week, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~