Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, July 21, 2018

Finding Myself Coming and Going...Are You Too~


Not my entrance gate, but oh how I love it, the smaller gate, the mailbox, all of it.  I was riding with my daughter who was visiting from Florida and we happened on this beautiful home and snapped just what we could see from the lane.  We used our imaginations as to what was on the other side.  

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after    you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:



A fountain and copper sculptured flowers adorned a lawn down the lane a bit, all so pretty~



I have been busy watching the grands over the Summer a few days a week.  One of the days that I had Maci, my next door neighbor allowed us to trek along with her at a nearby horse farm.  She took Maci on a ride with her and it was love at first sight~




My favorite horse is a Friesian and the farm had a huge gelding...his name is simply B.  He is such a large horse at the age of only 7 and already has Arthritis so bad, and he can no longer be ridden, yet he is greatly loved~



Another day the family all went to a water and fun park.  They enjoyed the rides and also the large wave pool~




American Crows~



Pileated Woodpecker~






Red-tailed Hawk~




Turkey Vultures~






White-tailed Deer have been slowly presenting their fawns to us.  Some were taken by the Foxes, but it turns out we are going to hopefully have a nice few additions, including the possibility of two sets of twins and two sets of triplets as well as a couple of singles.  More coming soon~


Maci enjoys taking the food down to give to the Deer with me~







This is a Doe that is affectionately called Star and her young fawn.  Some think she has twins, but I have only seen her with this one so far.  
Below her are a set of triplets.  There may be two sets of them, just not sure yet~



Triplets~





On one of the Zoo visits we happened to stop by the Seals when they were swimming really close to us and without the interference of glass.  I got some of my best shots ever and was quite pleased with them~













Two of the Grizzly Bears were having a water tussle which was quite entertaining as well.  The youngest one is on the left in the image shares~





This is the newest Lion on exhibit at the Louisville Zoo.  He is a 3 year old and so far the female does not like him...at all.  He's pretty stunning~






8 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, you look like you had a fun time with the grandchildren. Cute photos of the grands. I love the horses, they are beautiful. The zoo critters are all wonderful, I like the seals, bears and lions. Your deer and fawn shots are awesome. Great post. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead! PS, thanks for leaving a comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful grandchildren Mary!

    Loved all the photos of the yard art and critters!!

    Thanks for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin', as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful entrance, gate, and love the fountain. Fun time with the grands. Grands are the best. Beautiful shots at the zoo. The lion is a favorite. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Little Miss Broke It around our house, but I'm not NEARLY as cute.

    Nice array of critters. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun with your grandkids, beautiful birds, wonderful animal photo ops between the horse farm and the zoo... a perfectly lovely summer!!! Have you ever noticed the tiny graveyard in the Louisville zoo? -- it had a wrought iron fence around it when we were there --- those are some of my ancestors buried there as at one time eons ago they owned part of the property where it is now. (Bill loves to tell people my family is buried at a zoo.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, I jut left a comment but think the internet gremlins might have spirited it away! So, to recap, Loved your summer fun post, you are the best Nana in town!
    Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is what summer is all about - horse-back riding, water parks, the zoo, time with wildlife. What more could you want? (Secretly, I think I would like to be 10 again!) The shots of the fawns are just amazing. In our neck of the woods, we have not seen many … and I will probably miss most of it since we will be absent for three weeks. So I am pleased to have shared in yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary,
    what beautiful and interesting blog full of lovely critters yours is!
    Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~