Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, November 18, 2017

My Favorite White-Tailed Fawn...Muff~


 That's my favorite Muff the five month old fawn in the mosaic above...so sweet he is~ 

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING~

For all of the strangeness that is going on in the world, weather wise, political, natural disasters, horrific crimes done to both humankind and wildlife, There is still so very much to be thankful for.  Whether you live where Thanksgiving is celebrated, or not, I think that every day, every place, we kind find much to be thankful for.  I have not had a good year with my knee and I may be looking at more surgery, but I am so very thankful for my caregivers, for the heath care provisions that my husband and I have and when so many others do not have good quality of healthcare, and many more without.  I am thankful for a loving family and for wonderful friends, including yourselves whom I may never get to meet in person, but I feel like I know you from our sharing life together. I am thankful for this place we fondly call Tingsgrove and for all of the creatures that come along my pathway, as well as our fur babies, we cherish them all
I thank God for His bounty and His Love~ 


Capsular thickening of the knee post surgery is what my DR said that I have developed in a nutshell. He used bigger words and I will get the report in a couple of days.  He was genuinely concerned that this had happened and of course wouldn't it be me to have one of the worst cases on his watch. It should heal in time...who knows how long as each individual is different, as the inflammation continues to go down. He will check me again on December 5th and if not greatly improved, he will do a scope and remedy the situation from that advantage point. Even thinking of the possibility of more invasion of this knee is truly something that I don't want to venture.  The remainder of the knee is as one said in "excellent condition" and the DR said it is almost pristine for going on 70 years of age"  That is why he decided once into the surgery to only do a partial and not a total.  They are usually very quick to heal...so I ask why me and I get no answer, for I am keeping the why me silent...other than right here.  He had his team take 3 x-rays and they all showed a wonderful looking, very healthy knee.  Now we just need to get the knee happy and I trust that he will.

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:



For a White-tailed Deer fawn, his ears are so much larger than the other fawns and since he comes very close every day possible to get his portion of cracked corn...I had to give him a name...it shall be Muff and I hope he will always be so sweet.  The last buck that came around like this one I had called Buckey and he was four years old, when last seen three years ago this past August.  It is a difficult life for these guys...overcrowded populations require a hunting season, but when it comes to the ones we humans grow attached to, that is a whole other story~









Cedar Waxwing outside the window~

American Robins come along side the Cedar Waxwings to partake of the assorted berries on our land~






The White-Throated Sparrows have arrived for the Winter season~


Pileated Woodpecker~


Northern Cardinal~


Muff's twin sister~




The Dark-Eyed Juncos have also arrived in nice numbers for the Winter~


Blue Jay~


Muff's sister and him got alarmed when a leaf blower started up near by and up went the white tails~



Muff's twin sister waits at our property line for her mother...can you see her walking toward her in the background?





Red-Tailed Hawks along with other raptors will be easier to locate now that most of the leaves have fallen~



Yellow-Rumped Warblers have been in nice numbers for the past couple of months~


Our land, where we have called home since August of 1981...Tingsgrove~


A Cedar Waxwing came very close to my window the other day and while these are not the best, I was pleased~









A Turkey Vulture waits it's turn for a fresh road killed Deer~


And another...there were about 30 of them waiting up in the trees~



Along with the Vultures a pair of Red-Tailed Hawks also partook of the carcass~


I have photographed the tree before, I really like it~


On my way into Physiotherapy the other day, I got these images through the window as I was driven into town~


12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a collection of beautiful pics. Love the deer shots of the waxwings, warblers, hawk, junko and woodpecker. Such a great collection and nice mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mary! I hope you are feeling better now. I love this post, the beautiful birds and the sweet looking deer are all awesome photos. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - as usual, a delightful set of pictures. You know you have good close-ups when you can see the 'whiskers' and eyelashes on Muff! You are on my prayer list for your ongoing knee issues; wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all your photos but especially enjoyed the ones of the Cedar Wax-Wings since I spotted some last week when my camera was not with me. Your photos are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am finding I have no ambition today & I should be out birding. Instead I tought I'd go out in search of those fine feathered beauties with YOU! Thanks for letting me and all at I'd Rather B Birdin' tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post. The deer pics are phenomenal. Love the changing leaves and the birds, especially the Cedar Waxwing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweet deer fawn and birds! Such gorgeous Fall photos! So sorry your knee will take much more time to heal! What a beautiful post of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet Mary,

    What a beautiful bounty of pretty autumnal pictures, from the wonderful wildlife to the leafy luxury of your surroundings, it's the epitome of a North American landscape. I cannot believe the vibrant pinks in your last mosaic; they are stunning!

    I hope that you are healing nicely and are not in too much pain during this recuperation process. Hang in there!

    Wishing you and yours a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving.

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things grove is a truly beautiful place to call home you are blessed indeed, to be visited by these beautiful animals and birds is another thing to be grateful for and I know from your writing that you are. Muff is a gorgeous creature but why does his twin sister remain nameless?
    Sorry to hear about the rare side effect of the knee op, I hope that the Doc gets it all under control for you soon.
    Love your travelling tree captures, they make a fab mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary, One beautiful photo after another. I especially love the photos of your sweet little fawn. What a face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb collection of images. The variety of birds is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~