Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, November 18, 2011

Today is a Mix Match~

If you had no idea what this hawk might be named, you might be able to guess from the beautiful shade of red on the shoulders~



Ornamental grasses are really nice in the garden, even in the autumn, they hold their beauty~

Wild Grape vines left behind, create their own art form, as do the dried up Rose Hips beneath~




Do not be afraid Red-Fox Squirrel, I shall not harm you~


Just about all that remains~

Rose Hip stem caught up in a Grape Ivy cord~

Crabapples... momma used to make preserves, I wish I had some~





European Starlings...I shall post also here a beautiful short video that I saw online of Starling Murmuration...one of the best that I have viewed... just copy and paste into your browser and enjoy~

http://arewelumberjacks.blogspot.com/2011/11/murmuration-of-starlings.html





Milkweed Beetles~



 

6 comments:

  1. always loaded with beauty here. thanks, mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red-Fox Squirrel is a beauty, and the rest are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - great collection of pictures. I used to be able to watch flocks of Starlings forming up before they roosted when I lived in the UK. Remarkable sight.

    You can find more picture from the same area as my "passing in the channel' shot on my other blog if you are interested.

    Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are amazing images you have gathered here! I love the compositions and the textures. Really wonderful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your usual selection of colourful images Mary. They all complement each other so well. Starlings are everywhere in the UK at the moment with murmurations in several places. It looks like we have many come over from Russia where winter may be on the way in. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet more wonderful photos - I've become a follower so I can enjoy more of them to come! :-)

    These are all great, but I think the ones showing the detail of the grapevines are extra special. I also love your shy Red-Fox Squirrel, and hope s/he was reassured by your gentle words of compassion.

    We have Red-Tailed rather than Red-Shouldered hawks in this part of the world ~ yours are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~