Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, September 6, 2009

The touch of winters breeze shall penetrate all that has spoken

I love to walk into the garden during this time of year. It is such a beautiful mystery that unfolds daily and I become aware that soon all shall end and the touch of winters breeze shall penetrate all that has spoken so beautifully during the spring and summer season. One little creature that comes and spends 3 season with us is the Ruby Throated Hummingbird. The following photographs show one in it's own element, doing what nature has called it to do~ eating and pollinating as it travels from one plant source to another. At rest their heart beats about 250 beats per minute, and when flying nearly 1,240 beats. They fly both backwards and forwards, but not up and down. They have tremendous flight endurance, traveling at 25 miles per hour. Their nests are spun entirely by the female, using spiders webbing along with plant down and lichen~












































No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~