Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, November 10, 2017

Three Weeks Out and Moving Forward~


Louisville, Kentucky skyline in low lying fog.  Taken from Ashland Park, Indiana~



I saw an alert online last Saturday morning...

Common Loons at the Ashland Park area at the Falls of the Ohio!!
Yikes Common Loons are on my birding wish list!!
What?!
What are the chances that they would still be there?!
What were the chances that my husband Bill would even consider driving me over to Indiana?!
What will it be like for me if I just don't mention it to him?!
As soon as the words Good Morning tumbled out of my mouth, I could audibly hear the whispered sound of my voice clearly saying...
Common Loons, Falls of the Ohio... don't suppose you would want to take the dogs for a long ride would you?!
What the heck are Common Loons he said!!
I had him listen to the voices that I already had looked up in case I needed more bait...
He said sure that would be fine if you are up for it!!
I have been so good, really I have been super good, and patient and I really want to see a Loon in my lifetime, why not today?!
We took the drive over in heavy, low lying fog.
I saw birds, I saw three Great Blue Herons, a single American Coot, lots of Double Crested Cormorants, several Mallards, and a few Pied Billed Grebes...I LOVE Grebes! 

They stayed near the bridge in the heavy, low lying fog. 
I took pictures just in case this was my first sighting of Loons.
As we drove back home, I felt satisfied, hoping I could check a wish bird off my list. If not, I was touched that my husband was willing to bring me out, looking pretty much like a very pale, still weak me, trying her best to make it one day in front of the next. 
I guess that I never saw a Loon, or if I did, I didn't recognize it as such.
The fog was low and heavy as stated and I could not walk around to try and see any better.
At this writing I am at three weeks post surgery and as of Wednesday have had a set back.  One that is keeping me pretty much taking it easy until Monday when I go to PT again.  We are not sure what has happened, but our prayer is that it is something that will work itself out, and not the new mechanism in my knee...that would for me, or anyon be the worst case scenario...

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:



Heavy, low lying Fog along the Ohio River last Saturday morning.  
Taken at the Falls of the Ohio~















Pied-billed Grebes~




Single American Coot swimming for a bit of green and rest~





Can anyone see a fish?  I mean really, use your imagination... I see it~



Mallards preening~





One of the three Great Blue Herons~








These last 10 mosaics done with Autumnal colours were all taken from my passenger side window as my husband drove me into the city for my first out of home Physiotherapy appointment last Monday.  There had been an accident on the Interstate and this country ride, taken the slow way, made it to where I got these amazing colours, following an all night rain event~









Just for fun...I am so bored~


10 comments:

  1. The colors are outstanding...just breathtaking! And I love the neat way the birds and water look in the fog. I hope and pray you heal and feel better my friend. I'll keep praying for you. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect autumn post Mary!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this all with us at I'd Rather B Birdin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you had a good day with your sweet hubby...and got some awesome photos! That's all that really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - how pleasing that you got out of the house for a little while, even if you didn't spot a loon. The grebe with its reflection is surreal - I gazed at it several times ... I continue praying for you and hope the setback is not serious. Hoping for a restful (but not boring) week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary. Good old Bill - he's not a bad chap after all! You don't say how many miles you travelled twitching those loons but I'm guessing it was 50+ each way? Shame about the weather that probably didn't help in spotting them if they were a little distant. If they are winter visitors you really must try again on a sunny day. Sorry to hear that you have had a few niggles with y7our op. Here's wishing it's just that, a bit of post-op discomfort that will right itself in due course.

    All the best from rainy England.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary, I hope you are feeling better now. I enjoyed your fall colors and all the gorgeous photos. Wonderful bird sightings. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Autumn color! I've always thought fog had a mystical quality. Hope you are feeling better soon and can enjoy more adventures in the hunt for the loon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning foliage still making life beautiful I see, your captures of the bridge in the fog as wonderful too. Ditto the birds, love the effects you used on those images. Sorry to hear that you've had a setback, I hope it's only temporary and that you're up and about again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of birds and fog and autumn colour. I'm sorry you didn't get to see your loon. They have the most hauntingly beautiful cry that speaks to me of childhood camping trips on northern lakes.
    I'm sorry your knee is acting up. I do hope things will be resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~