Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, October 25, 2010

Severe Drought Going on 4 Months~

I would love to hear the rain falling, take in it's fragrance and even enjoy a thunder shower. The last heavy rains that our two acres and surrounding area received was June ending. In situations like this, one is at the mercy of the land and nature. We have gotten weather reports indicating that rain would come, and then we get a sprinkle that does not even leave droplets on the pavement and it is over... just a tease. Many of the trees are so parched and thirst for water that fires are breaking out and smoke fills the air. I cherish our trees, I love these two acres of woods and yet, I too will see spring changes of death that will no longer bring new spring growth and while I ache at the thought, I pray for rain. We are nearing 10" short of what we would normally have received to date. Many of the wildlife that is on this land has scattered, seeking nuts, berries, water, and grasses that this land can no longer provide. Autumn colourations has had no peak in our area, or very little. The Kentucky blue grasses, well we have no grass left on our property. Many garden vegetables simply dried up on the vines, never gaining enough moisture to produce fruit. This evening, we are under a weather forecast to get some rain and all I can do, is hope they are right this time~











3 comments:

  1. I feel so sad about the lack of rain. Hopefully some of our unusual downpour the last several days will move east and quench your soils thirst. I'll pray this moves to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it means when you wish for rain, but what do I see here? In that parched land, you have photographed so much beauty!

    I hope it rains soon, if not rained already last evening.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad Mary, but you portray it wonderfully with your photographs - I see the rain came. I hope it revived your garden somewhat.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~