Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, August 30, 2010

Hummerdinger~

Patience, Patience, Patience finally paid off I think.  I sat for nearly 2 hours, changing chair positions so that I could get the brilliant ruby colouring on one of the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds making it's way to a new feeder, with just warmed nectar made from my kitchen and still dripping from the pretend petals.  A few of the birds came as usual, but I could not see the ruby colouration and since the sun was in the correct place, I had to figure out my best position to view the beauty and finally my chance came.  I must say, I am very pleased with these results and do hope that you shall enjoy them as well.  Can I say YAY?  YAY~



3 comments:

  1. Woooooooooooooow, yes you can say yeah!!!! These are just splendid shot Mary... Wow all of them, what a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY Mary. I think you got the ruby colour for sure and full marks for working out the best position for light, not to mention having the patience and persistence to get those shots. A gorgeous little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love he gyrocopter effect of the wings. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~