Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Photo Forum Club of Louisville Presentation~



Last month I was invited to be a guest speaker for the Photo Forum Club of Louisville and do a presentation on some of my favorite images.  The theme was to use most of the images that showed what my eye saw, while others may miss, as well as those which capture something meaningful to my own spirit.  These are some of what was shared that evening.  
On the very day of the presentation I received some devastating news...that my twin sister Haze has cancer.  It's small cell carcinoma lung cancer, and yes she smoked for 36 years before quitting some 19 years ago.  90% of all lung cancers are as a result of smoking.  I have never smoked a day in my life...I wish that she had not either.  Her tumor is already bigger than what is recommended to operate on and Haze is not a surgical candidate with her weakened lung capacity and beyond what would be able to survive such.  Next Wednesday we will see the radiation Oncologist, the medical Oncologist and the cancer surgeon, who if anything may have to surgically insert a port in her arm, but we first have to find out if she has any cancer cells in her brain which was done yesterday.
Needless to say I am just making it through each day, trying to stay positive for both of us and knowing that things don't look very hopeful.  
Please lift up Haze and her family as well as her caregivers.  She also has a 2 year old cat that she adores named Tobit that I found for her and we will need to place him after...Thanking you!
Some of the statistics from my presentation made on the evening of April 24, 2019 regarding my cameras.

My first camera was a Kodak Instamatic...with those square flash cubes ;)

The husby then got me a Pentax 35 mm camera shortly after he came back from Vietnam.

Then came digital and he got me a small introductory camera a Nikon Coolpix.

Then came the Nikon D-90...a master of images...why you say?  It was shown to have capabilities of taking 100,000 images.  Eight years when it died a special card was placed in it at the camera shop and that camera had successfully taken over 400,000 images.

Then came my Nikon D-7000 which I still use with a 70/300 lens.
  I also acquired this year a Nikon P900.

~Happy Mothers Day~

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after   you have read the narratives~


I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter


Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Angie at:  
Mosaic Monday
https://tentoesinthewater.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:









































































































































































































8 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending my prayers and well wishes. This is an action packed post, so many beautiful birds and critters. I enjoyed all your photos, well done. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your Mother's Day weekend. PS, thank also for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your sister in my prayers. Thanks for sharing the photos for this presentation! You inspire us all! I marvel at what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You & your sister are in my thoughts. For your participation this week at I'd Rather B Birdin', I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope the medical professionals have some good news for you both as the days progress. In the meantime, thank you for taking the time to share this treasure trove of photographs with everyone at Mosaic Monday. As usual, I lost count of how many caused me to say "That one is my favorite". You do have a keen eye and catch so much more than most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad news about your sister - warm hugs. Your photos are amazing. That sunflower & butterfly brings hope, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are simply gorgeous and I'm sure your presentation was very well received.
    I, too, will keep you all in my prayers.
    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    Haven't communicated in a few years.
    Didn't have email for you but you sent me your blog address.
    I really enjoyed your marvelous photography and am very sorry to hear about your sister's illness.
    You once expressed an interest in having the original photo of Lorena Howell Turner that I sent you a copy of.
    I would be happy to send it to you. I have made a good copy.
    You can reach me at fiddlingsteve@msn.com Let me know.
    Your "Step" cousin, Steve Elliott

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~