Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, June 16, 2017

Come Along, Take a Ride With Me~


A little over a week ago, I went on a country ride further down the country lanes to visit my daughter and her husby who were in town visiting from Florida.  Once there we sat in the back yard of her father-in-laws home and enjoyed the late afternoon together.  
The barns above and below are on the ride there.  
A Great Blue Heron made it's way across the cow pasture with a fresh catch and when I left to return home, snapped a photo of it down at the other end of the field on a platform in the water.  I almost mistook it for a statue, it was so still.  
Behind it on the ground near the water's edge was a Green Heron~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:










Next week will be dedicated to my 8th year of blogging anniversary and I will be posting updates on the Red-Shouldered Hawks that this blog is named after as well as the Bald Eagles that I have been visiting for going on 4 years.  
At that same acreage were this adult Brown Thrush and two young ones. The Cotton Tail Rabbit,White-tailed Deer (bucks) with fresh velvet covered antlers, Wild Turkeys and a Yellow-Shafted Flicker.  
I LOVE this land and would so enjoy visiting it every day, if I could.  
Huge sigh, it is a 17 mile ride one way and just too far to take a leap there every day and back~

















Last Saturday I could hear the American Crows a good 7 acres from home. There were at least a dozen, or more of them along with a pair of Red-Shouldered Hawks and other birds yelling at the visitor to their territory. The woods is heavy this time of year, often times the canopy goes dark even in the sun with vines connecting treetops. Thus said, I was quite delighted after making my way to the area when this Red-tailed Hawk, the element of the onslaught flew into a tree right above where I stood...it was meant to be~




Below an American Kestrel went hunting in the field behind it and brought up to the fence row what looked like a little rodent.  Then a Mourning Dove seemed to slightly hesitate momentarily before landing on the same fence row a little further down.  The Dove seemed little concerned about the Kestrel and began to preen~





Yikes the wee Carolina Wrens grew up so fast this past week and now I can't even locate them in the bushes and trees on the land we own.  I hear them, but no visual. I am claiming that all 7 are still doing very well~


A juvie on left and the adult female to the right~




Red-Bellied Woodpecker and then a Pileated Woodpecker below it~




I am thinking that the beauty below is an Eastern Phoebe, but would appreciate any corrections, if I am wrong~



Doesn't my husby's nest platform look inviting now with the newer starter branches looking all natural.  So where are all of the takers, after all I offer free rent and all of the photos that any wonderful bird would ever hope to have ;)


14 comments:

  1. Oh, what stunning landscapes you had a chance to visit recently, Mary. Your photos have such acute clarity that details are a delight to observe. I especially like the photos of the rough, wood fence, the dove finally perched on it, with the patches of dry grass in the background. Of course, architecture is always alluring to me, and the photos of the barn could be paintings.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, your photos are wonderful. I enjoyed seeing all the birds, deer and the bunny. The barn scene and photos are beautiful. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your little critters.

    Lots of pleasing color today. My pulse has lowered during my visit. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful series of photos! I enjoyed seeing every one of them. Then I went back to the top and scrolled down to admire them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shots of birds. Amazing variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, yes!!! I will take a ride with you ANYday of the week! What a journey. So many wonderful, beautiful critters/birds....and the scenes were incredible. I'm lucky to see ONE Kestrel...and you had the privilege of TWO on the fence. Awesome

    Thanks so much for sharing this with us birders this weekend, at I'd Rather B Birdin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing set of photos, Mary, its always dificul with your posts to pick out any one photo, but I do like the Kesrel, the American one is more colourful than ours, its a smart bird.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures - I have to say I am very jealous of the environment in which you live. I have to travel rather a long way to get to places that look like your back yard!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your daughter and her husband in such a beautiful place. Your images this week are truly stunning, thank you for taking me along for the ride on Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved following you all these years and seeing your amazing nature photography. We've been seeing a bird we're calling a Thrasher but I need to see the difference between it and the Thrush. This morning we saw a Red Tailed Hawk in the tree behind out house with 2 young ones. They aren't nesting there...just visiting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary - I love the picture of the deer that is staring right into the camera - can't take my eyes off his eyes! And the turkey - they always make me laugh! Have a wonderful week and I look forward to your anniversary blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, I always enjoy your wildlife photos. The heron is quite grand. The small birds are terrific. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Mary, It is obvious that you have a very special gift. All critters, great and small, seem to accept you. They let you in into their world. What a lovely gift you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beauty around your home. I m sure the wren family is doing well! Love all the pictures, and especially , the Pileated. Neat to see two kestrels and they look nice showing off on the fence!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~