Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, March 26, 2017

Palm Beach International Equestrian & "Be Strong" WHAS TV Interview~



Above is the location for the event that took place the first Saturday in February. It was the 8th Annual Great Charity Challenge held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center in Wellington, Florida.  My daughter Ashleigh, her husband Matthew and myself were guests of Lisa Moore who is also a rider at the PBIEC, but did not participate in this event.  
The Great Charity Challenge presented over $400,000 for 24 local charities, and will raise this year alone some $1.5 million  for charities.  "Be Strong" the anti-bulling organization that Ashleigh, Matthew and Lisa are all affiliated with was one of the entries for a win, however they were not chosen from the barrel drawings.  It was still a wonderful outing for all.
The theme for the event was "Animated Movies." The riders dressed as their favorite movie characters, as well as elaborate costuming was done for their horses.  




 My youngest daughter Ashleigh with me above and below my son-in-law Matthew~




 I have absolutely loved being around horses my entire life, but just don't have these kinds of opportunities often enough.  It was pure joy for me to spend time with family, new friends and the amazing creatures~





Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                                    https://normandylife.blogspot.com/




Above our hostess Lisa at the stable barn where she owns two horses, and below images of her riding talents and her beautiful pets~

Below Lisa and her friend Alyssa joined us as well~





































Lives will be changed, I feel it, I believe it, there is no doubt about it! The impact can, and will be life changing!
Last week our daughter Ashleigh introduced to the community the "Be Strong" program on WHAS news on our local TV partnering along with the Louisville Urban League.
"Being frequently bullied can have devastating effects throughout a child’s life. Both bullies and their targets may become withdrawn, depressed, socially anxious, aggressive, and fearful, which puts them at risk of developing even more serious problems as they grow from adolescence and into adulthood."
The Be Strong LIVE Tour's next stop is the Louisville Palace in Kentucky!
On March 30th at 10am, those who can will be able to join us live at:


At the Be Strong LIVE Tour, thousands of students come together for a high energy inspirational experience. Both victims and aggressors experience hope and the opportunity for change. A motivational speaker who has personally overcome bullying shows students what is possible in their own lives. Since 2015, the Be Strong LIVE Tour has reached over 3 million students.
Ashleigh noted that with their sweet acapella skills and inspirational sound we're beyond excited to have Linkin' Bridge joining us at the Be Strong LIVE Tour stop in Kentucky.






Bagged 2,475 Be Strong bags with love from all the beautiful ladies and Matty doing the hard labor! ðŸ’Œ #icanbestrong ðŸ’ªðŸ’– #LouisvilleStrong


































9 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, I loved seeing the photos from the equestrian Center. The horses are beautiful. You have a lovely daughter and family. Kudos to your daughter on her work with Be Strong. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great event for "Be Strong" to be connected with, you must be so proud of your daughter and SIL for the great way they are helping children through this devastating experience.
    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you were so happy to be there for that. I love the photos of the horses....especially the horse of a different color! Thanks for sharing your photos! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horses are beautiful. What an amazing event to be a part of, and just to be there and hang out with the horses. I've been on a horse only once but my mom rode and I have three different sets of nieces who have had or have horses. Such a good cause to be a part of--I enjoyed the photos and reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like y'all had a fun time doing all that bagging ... all for a very good cause. Congrats to your daughter and everyone for this important work. Great photos from the equestrian event. I loved horses as a child. In fact, when I was 12, a friend and I started writing a book about them and collected anything and everything about horses that we could get our hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is accomplishing so much good! Beautiful pictures of all the horses -- quite an amazing event. I loved the close up -- they really do have beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All for a great and necessary cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great cause that you and your family are involved in Mary. I do worry that for all of our so called sophistication and knowledge the world does in many cases seem to be a sadder place than the one in which I grew up. Kudos to you all for this sterling work. Lovely atmospheric photos too. Despite ( and because of) the cause, everyone enjoyed themselves I can see. By the way, look up the meaning of "Philip".

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~