Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, June 20, 2016

Fifty Images to Celebrate Seventh Year Blogversary!

I open with Magnolia blossoms taken in different stages~


~Seven years of blogging from Tingsgrove and Beyond~
A few fun statistics that can go along with this entry would be that as of today, this is my  post entry 1,078 since the birth of the blog.  However that being said, since I posted my sixth year blogversary last June, I went through and deleted a bunch of older posts, as the photographs no longer were visible for whatever reason.  There have been 203,419  page views since tracking visitors began the second year. To date there are 11,008 published comments, which always are so very much appreciated and they continue to encourage me.  Many blogs get way more traffic and comments, and yet, I feel enormously blessed to have the visitors that I have. Many of you have become such great friends and that means so much to me.  Thank you for the generosity of your time in writing your thoughts about my entries.
Some other fun facts:
Visitors for page views are from the following countries and then beyond~
USA   110,423
Russia   20,111
Germany  7,454
France   6,549
United Kingdom   5,629
Canada   4,620
Ukraine   2,972
China   2,159
Australia   1,461
South Korea 855
and more...

Top 7 Blog published posts with over 500 views each to date...

1. "Waverly Hills Sanatorium"
12/7/2011
2,175 visitors
2. "Post Number 975 in 3 Years and Ten Months"
April 28, 2013
1,227 visitors
3. "Even as the Flowers Fade and Wither"
October 10, 2012
1,112 visitors
4. "Post Title 1000"
September 28, 2013
765 visitors
5. "Flying Crows"
January 13, 2011
765
6. "Great Surprise Near a Quiet Stream"
September 8, 2013
560
7."Water Birds and a Call for Help"
April 26, 2014
538 visitors



Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

                                                     I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:

                                                              http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/


                                                                       Saturday's Critters

       As well as linking up with Judith for:

         www.lavendercottagegardening.com


Stewart for:


  http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/






Above a run down building in Paducah, Ky and below a fun mosaic with me at the center~


A juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk from a year ago now~


I LOVE Swallows and these young Barn Swallows melt my heart~


White-tailed Deer that I fondly called Buckey came round for nearly 4 years, missing since last August.  I hope he is living a good life~


Sunrise and fog on Tingsgrove, my land that I have called home 35 years~


Red-tailed Hawk taking off ;)~


One of my favorite places to walk, meditate and photograph, the Anchorage Trail~






My beloved Tingsgrove in Autumnal colours~



A favorite bird that visits in Autumn are the Cedar Waxwings~



My most favored deciduous tree is the Sycamore~



Autumnal colours, bold and striking~


Coral morning skies over Oldham County, my home~


Red-Shouldered Hawk hunting for frogs...this bird is quite used to we human kind~



The female of our local pair~


A Red-tailed Hawk hunted and caught 3 Field Mice in 45 minutes, devoured them, and just missed a fourth~



A Red-tailed Hawk partakes of a fresh road killed Gray Squirrel across the lane from my home in late January~


A lovely Mourning Dove huddled in our Conifer tree, during Winter season~


Anchorage Trail~


We had a surprise visitor that I fondly called Eveas as he arrived on Christmas eve and survived until Easter eve.  I really learned so much about the Praying Mantis and have much respect for them~


Bradford Pear trees in their Spring canopy~


Red-Shouldered Hawk, our local female~


This season may have been a total failure for the local pair of Red-Shouldered Hawks.  Raccoons got the first eggs.  Then they took up residence on a transformer pole.  The local utility company had to re-route the hot wires to keep them safe.  After 15 days of brooding, they left this nest.  I have had a knee injury and surgery and am not certain if they tried a third attempt, but I am soon to find out~



Reflections of me at the Bald Eagle site~


Bald Eagles this season.  The pair once again raised two Eaglets~



The country lane that I enjoy driving on my many wildlife excursions~




This is taken at the famous Cave Hill Cemetery where one day my husband and I shall reside overlooking the military section.  Last week Muhammad Ali was buried here in a very quiet section where birds fly and flowers grow and all is at peace~







The female brings in breakfast~
















Closing and just for fun, using my creativity...a parade at Louisville Collegiate School. They are celebrating 100 years this year and my oldest daughter has the honor of teaching here and my twin grands have the privilege of attending this fine place of education and learning~


 Thank you so very much for everything that you have contributed to help make this blog a success.
God Bless each of you~

31 comments:

  1. congratulations on the seven year anniversary of your blog Mary, and thank you so much for sharing parts of your life and the beautiful that surrounds you. Beautiful beautiful images. I am hard pressed to pick a favourite, but I do love "Sunrise and fog on Tingsgrove". Enjoy your patch of paradise and the many gifts you have. Hugs from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a very fine selection of images to celebrate your 7th blogoversary. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holey moley...that's a lot of wonderful shots.

    I really loved the barn swallows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mary, congrats and happy 7th anniversary for your blog. Your photos are all amazing, it is too hard to pick a favorite. Looking forward to many more of your post. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a fabulous collection of images. I love the hawks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How special all these photos are dear Mary. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on so much quality blogging over the years! You could win all kinds of awards with your nature photography. My husband and I both spend time looking at your blog. And as much as I love seeing your beautiful hawks...my favorite photos are the baby owls. They really are the sweetest! Happy blogging sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Celebration! Happy Anniversary! And thank you for sharing with us with this occasion, of those beautiful aspects of nature, of the beauty captured through your camera lens! Amazing to observe different, various things from far...or near, but always with passion for life and positivity! A great day and a lovely Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Seventh Year Blogversary, I love them. Beautiful photos, especially the Red-Shouldered Hawk, excellent Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on seven years, Mary! You are blessed to live surrounded by such beauty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!:) Happy 7th Blog Annerversary!:) You have an incredible eye for the beauty you see around you, and your nature photography is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mary. Goodness, 50 pictures. I hope you don’t expect me to pick a favourite but I earmarked “Coral Morning”, the misty country lane and Cave Hill cemetery. How sad was I when Ali passed away. I grew up and old with him – a wonderful example and role model to his fellow men.

    So not a single bird did I choose which must say a lot about your creative photography, but not that your birds aren't excellent.

    The last picture is just brilliant and I’d love to know how you did it.

    Your stats are very impressive. You made me look at my own. The most read “Drown Your Sorrows”! How apt for us two crocks.

    I speak to the doctor tomorrow who I hope will tell me what my bloods say. I just feel so angry that the damned statins poisoned my body and five/six weeks later I am not really much better. Oh well, at least I can bet out of sorts.

    Stay well and happy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil and thank you very much. I am so very sorry to be so delayed in my reply...life has gotten rather complicated, in a good way, but just not as much time as I need in a day. The last image was just simply "inverted" I really liked the look of it and just had to add it in with my favorites for the year. The original of it wasn't bad either, I just wanted to show a bit of creativity. I hope that you are doing better and got a good doctor report. Take care~

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your 7th Blogaversary! All your photos are stunningly beautiful and although I feel I ought to choose something magnificent like the Eagle I have to admit my heart a melted at the image of the little baby Barn Swallows. Your photographs are an absolute delight always - thank you so much for sharing this little corner of your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogversary!!! Your magnolias are awesome...I feel like I could fall into their velvety petals and just drown in their fragrance! :-) (Miss those things!) and all of your nature photos are also so wonderful...as always each post is incredible! Love the raptors as always, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Mary, I just wanted to stop back and say thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your seventh year of blogging Mary.
    Lots of stunning images in this post that reflect the great quality of your work in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogoversary~ so many beautiful images. i don't believe Muhammad Ali could have had a better resting place than the place you pictured. seems so peaceful there. hopefully he can rest in peace there. thanks for sharing. hope all is well. have a great night~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely flowers and birds. Great variety.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on 7 years of blogging! Your images are always stunning, and this is a great collection. I especially like those barn swallows on the line.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy blog anniversary Mary, interesting stats you pulled up. So many wonderful photos shared this week too.
    Thanks for participating in Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Mary how wonderful to celebrate this milestone...7 years, wow! I have only been visiting for a couple of years and love to see the stunning views you create with your camera....I can't wait to see more and more in coming years. Be well!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and Living FromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on seven years of blogging. Your statistics are amazing. I know you put so much time and care into your blog. Even loading all the photos must take time but I know you love it and your photography is so good and we reap the benefits of your time. I've enjoyed "knowing you" from Mosaic Monday and hope I will continue to find your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy seven year blogiversary! The pictures of the Hawks (and the cosmos) are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on 7 years of blogging!! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary, Great shots. I love the sun streaming down. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Mary,
    All of your animals birds are gorgeous. You captured great moments of them. Impressive. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, such beautiful photos, Mary!! You have a great idea for the beauty around you. And happy blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dearest Mary,

    What a treat to have this most inspiring medley of your brilliant talent collected in one place for us to celebrate your 7 years of blogging! It has been a joy getting to know you, studying your stunning photos and reading your intriguing words, all of which have made me so thankful for this venue called the internet, for without it, we most probably would not have crossed paths.

    Your photography takes me to places that seem so dreamlike, where creatures dwell harmoniously in lush havens - no doubt, precious hideaways that you luckily share with your lucky readers.

    I'm so very grateful that you are feeling better after your surgery, and I apologize for not being online more frequently for support, but, as you know, life right now does not allow me that luxury. But today is Canada Day, and in the spirit of such birthdays, I once again wish you many more magical moments to be shared and enjoyed by all who visit your beloved Tingsgrove and Beyond!

    Much love,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Blog-i-versary! I loved every single picture as I always do here. Thank you for all you've shared over the years. And wow, you have a great statistics program. Mine doesn't give anywhere near that much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy blog anniversary! Your skill and talent have brought me back over and over to enjoy your photos and sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~