Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, November 19, 2015

It is The Season for Thanksgiving~



Happy Thanksgiving Greetings to those celebrating in the United States,
and to all people of all countries, for we are to be grateful for all that we have every day, in all things and in all ways.
For my family, my friends, my faith, my home and all things that make up my life, I am forever grateful.  
  It is the season of Thanksgiving. If only the wind could speak, or that we could see it, yet such a mighty force, we cannot, only do we see what it has caused. We each have things that we hold onto and need to release, or it just becomes a heavier burden to carry. The year is quickly coming to an end and why wait for New Years resolutions, when each of us is here right now...Life beckons us to love those near to our heart, even when they are hurting us, as well as to always remain in a forgiving state, whereby, we have no regrets.
I struggle with the last statement often, for there are times when we just are overwhelmed with the issues of others placed upon us.
So thankful for life, it's journey, sunrise and sunset, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, the beauty of creation that surrounds us, for the sweetness in the fragrance of this life we all sometimes take for granted. 
~Happy Thanksgiving week~  
For this post, I have used the three most hunted creatures during this season.
The photographs were taken just before all canopy of leaves fell to the ground.   
We are not hunters, and we have mixed feelings about hunting.  
The White-tailed Deer, Gray, as well as Red-Fox Squirrels are hunted in nearby woodlands, and of course this time of year for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, Wild Turkeys.
All images were taken on our property, other than the Red-Fox Squirrel, and the Wild Turkeys, which were just around the block from us.
Above and below is one of my favorite deer, one that I fondly call Buckey.  
He has been around a couple of years now and yet has been missing in action for the most part this past month.  
Not only is it hunting season, but rutting season too.  
I am so hoping that at the end of the season, he is still here among us.
What is your favorite holiday dishes?
Mine is homemade sage dressing, roasted Brussels sprouts,  fresh cranberry sauce and homemade mashed potatoes with gravy.
Enjoy your holiday with your loved ones~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after you have read the narratives~

I will be linking up with Judith for:

www.lavendercottagegardening.com

&

Stewart for:
   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/









 












This Gray Squirrel is enjoying the fruit of a Hedge-apple~





Red-Fox and Gray Squirrels~





Thank you for stopping by.  Our beloved dogs Silveit, 2 1/2 and Meaka soon to turn 8~




10 comments:

  1. Many wonderful shots, as always.

    Hugs to the beautiful pups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary. I hope you have enjoyed a relaxing weekend in the company of those you love - indoors or outdoors. Like you I have very mixed feelings about hunting but do question why anyone gets pleasure out of shooting White-tailed Deer, Gray Squirrel or Red-Fox Squirrels, not to mention the huge number of other species allowed to be shot.

    Perhaps if we had more respect for the animals you picture which share this wonderful earth we might have more respect for fellow humans and for ourselves.

    Do have a happy week. We in Europe are sickened by the depravity of some who respect nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary, lovely post. I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving. I love all your photos , especially your cute doggies. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful dogs get old way too fast. I'm still missing my German Shepherd and now our 'little' Misty. Such wonderful creatures. I thank God for his generosity for giving us these sweet creatures to share this world. And I hope Bucky is there at the end of the season too. What a beautiful animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful creatures captured in beautiful poses. I love all the Thanksgiving foods. We admire the wildlife but are not hunters. Although I will say I had wild turkey once and it was one of the best things I ever ate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photography is beyond describing.........stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And for sure I can imagine wonderland... magical captures, amazing moments of nature, so cute critters!!.. It must be great to have the chance to have a walk and see all these in the wild!
    Thanks for sharing them with us! Inspired by...
    A good week for you and happy celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving Mary! Your beautiful pictures are always a thing I'm grateful for. I'm just trying these days to concentrate on what is good and brings joy, lest I sink into depression about things I can do nothing about. We will have a traditional TG with our daughter and SIL, grandkids and greats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvellous images of all the critters adn I especially love your dogs in the last shot

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~