Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, September 25, 2015

Saying Farewell and Looking Toward Better Days~



On July 25 my 46 year old niece Tamara went into the hospital for an outpatient  surgical procedure, with a possible one night stay.  Instead she was hospitalized for 7 weeks and on September 17, following 5 better days of lucidity and hope, passed away.  It has been devastating to our family and there is absolutely no rhyme, or reason for how and why this could happen.  Some have asked and I shall say, this was for a hernia repair, which went terribly wrong.  There are so many questions, and seemingly no answers that so far make any sense.  Tamara had a sweet spirit, with a very loving personality.  Her life was fraught with obstacles and yet she rallied above them and made it work.  She had such hope for a better and healthier life.  She leaves behind her beloved husband, 2 sons, and a stepson, her parents and a sister and brother, along with extended family and many friends. I appreciate the kind expressions in different forms many of you have sent our way and I thank you so very much.
Tamara loved my blog and so I dedicate this post to her.



Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after you have read the narratives~

I will be linking up with Judith for:

www.lavendercottagegardening.com

&

Stewart for:
   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/



Twin grandsons came over this past Sunday for a few hours and it was really so wonderful to spend time with them after such a difficult time last week.  They had fun running around this land we call Tingsgrove~





Once again when I see silly names for lovely nature things, I want to give out new names.  These lovely flowers is simply called Pink Weeds.  What would you call them if you could give them a name?







A week ago this evening, 6 year old twin grandson Kerrick ran in a cross country run for his school.  While I did not see him with so many boys clustered together, he did run and he is in these photos somewhere.  Even he could not find himself ;)~






A juvenile Red-tailed Hawk on my morning walk near our neighborhood~










This is one of the parents of the juvenile Red-tailed Hawk above~












26 comments:

  1. Dearest Mary,
    I am so sorry, my heartfelt condolences on the terribly premature passing of your niece. What a tragic loss for all.

    Your photographs are as life affirming and beautiful as always.
    Much love,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, I am so sorry to hear about your niece passing. It is especially sad that she was so young. Sending my prayer to you and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. This is the second surgery that I have heard about this year that has gone wrong. The worst part is that she will especially be missed by her kids and husband....and of course all those who knew her well. The person we knew had a similar situation. But the husband died in a car accident the year previous leaving her with the kids. Then she went in for the surgery and never came out. Heartbreaking. I am always reminded by the loss of loved ones how precious life really is. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincere condolences on the passing of your niece Tamara. Such a terrible loss! May her soul rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Mary,

    My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beautiful niece, Tamara. I am certain she will be greatly missed by her loving family and friends, and all who knew her. I am shocked at the circumstances surrounding her situation! May she rest in peace.

    The photographs of your twin grandsons are lovely and they so beautifully illustrate the energy of youth, especially at this most refreshing and revitalizing time of year, after a long hot summer, and a new school year.

    Take care, my friend.

    Sending prayers.

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary, I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary, I am terribly sorry. Truly truly truly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I am so sorry for the loss of your niece. So devastating for all. I enjoyed the photos of your grandsons running - what cute boys and great mosaics! Wishing you comfort and peace in the days ahead. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so sorry for the loss of your niece! how terrible for all who love her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kalimera from Skiathos my good friend. Such sadness in your life to lose a loved family member in those circumstances. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Mary! there are no words and cannot imagine what you and your family must be going through. How does this happen_ a hernia repair? surgery gone awry?! God rest her soul and prayers for you and family.

    On a positive note, life does continue and my heart skips a beat looking at those handsome young grandsons! great action photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sorry for your loss,keep well.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, I'm so very sorry to read of the passing of your niece. Sending you and your family prayers. Wishing you well. Lovely images. Oh to bottle the energy of those little boys! Yeehaw! A post from you would never be complete without a hawk ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those boys certainly were having fun...how wonderful to have a place like yours to run around in.

    I am so very, very sorry about your precious niece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am so sorry to hear of your loss. MAny hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry for the loss of your niece Mary, baffling in this age of technology.
    Nice to see you have double trouble in the family too. LOL Our twin granddaughters will be 19 this year but what a challenge they were when young - in a good way.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Mary,
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful niece. I pray for comfort and peace for all of her family during these difficult days.
    The photos of your grandsons show wonderful energy. Those boys look like a lot of fun.
    Blessings,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry for your loss, Mary! Such a tragedy!

    The twins are so cute! I bet they are tons of fun to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary, I am so sad for you family's loss. Treasure and love the children left behind, as I know you do. Their sweet mamma will live on as her stories and life lessons are shared with others.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos! I am sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a sad and tragic loss Mary. My love to you all.
    Your grandsons look like they have a wonderful time in your yard!
    hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary, trying to find my way back to blogland on my new computer. So deeply sorry about your recent loss. Why, why, why, Only in time will we ever know the answers to those devastating losses. Your post is so beautiful and I so enjoyed seeing your grandsons playing and all your great shots. Give me a shout if this gets to you so I will know I am getting through. Missed you girl friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry for your loss. So much of life is unexplainable. Your lovely post is a beautiful tribute to your nieces spirit . And your grandsons are the perfect reminder that joy remains !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss, how devastating for you all and my heart especially goes out to the poor children who have lost a mum. Your post is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to your niece. The shots of the runners are so atmospheric - you can feel the energy, and lovely shots of your grandsons playing in the woodland - so lovely to see children enjoying the outdoors. How idyllic it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a sad, but also wonderful post. Starting with the loss of death, but still being able to celebrate life. Its a bit of an honour to have a link to my blog on this post.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~