Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Birds and White-tailed Deer, Post 2 of 2~


Tomorrow I shall hopefully arrive in Florida, and I have waited since first week in January to make this journey.  It will only be for a week and yet with youngest daughter and her hubby, it will be filled with joy.
As I shared in adjoining post, I am posting a double dose of snow birds and more today.  So many to share and coming up on Spring and I need to get the Winter images done by then.  Hoping that everyone is well and enjoying warmer days and better weather~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slide show presentation after you have read the narratives~

I will be linking up with Judith for:

www.lavendercottagegardening.com

&

Stewart for:
   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/



Here come the White-tailed Deer.  
The herd has grown to 15 and 18 every evening and sometimes mornings too.  Many of the neighbors keep them fed.  I only put out 2- 9 x 11 pans full of corn, both cracked and whole, but it goes a long way~


Do you all have any guesses is to what these footprints might be?  You will need to wait until you scroll to the bottom of the page to find out if you were right, or not ;)





I enjoyed watching this White-throated Sparrow preen while a male Cardinal kept watch over it~





Dark-eyed Juncos, just love them~



Well, this one is eating my Bamboo and I should be upset, but we have so much, too much, I do not mind at all~


I was visiting a nest that I have been keeping up with a little and an American Kestrel was on the hunt near the nest site~








Song Sparrows hardly ever come, and they are such beauties~






Fox- Sparrow~



Wild feather, wet, wild and cold Red-bellied Woodpecker~


How many guessed Bald Eagle foot prints?  
They were really neat to see in the frozen snow~

16 comments:

  1. a lot of deer! and cool eagle prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness - that's a lot of deer! Nice collages and photos again. I wouldn't have guess an Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved viewing the Deer in the snow.

    Safe journey to Florida Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your shots. Hope you have a great time in my adopted state. It has been chilly for us lately, but by Sunday it's supposed to be back up to 80. The beach will be wonderful. If you're mid-state, I recommend a hike on Honeymoon Island...prepare for lots of osprey. Cheers. (From Tampa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing all the deer....We have so much snow on the ground that the deer are staying put and not moving...they haven't moved in weeks actually poor things. I hope our twin fawns made it through the coldest winter on record here and the coldest February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! The deer are beautiful animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely incredible and beautiful photos. I especially like the photos of the cardinals!!! The color is exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, I love seeing deer, whether "for real" or in photos. The deer here have had a difficult winter, I'm sure, as the snow is so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful. I find it so amazing that you have dear come so close. enchanting.
    Have a wonderful week Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy seeing deer on other's blogs and you captured some great shots. The footprints in the snow were not what I would have guessed but it is neat to see them.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful snowy photos. The deer look lovely in all that white - and the Cardinal would always be outstanding with that red color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birds and Deer. Amazing photography. 2 great posts this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like those Red-bellied Woodpeckers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic birds and deer! When I first saw your thumbnail shot, I thought you had made it to Florida, and those were sand dollars! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet and gentle creatures are the white tailed deer. Even though it must be hard with all that snow and cold, they remain grateful and quiet and go with the flow. Mary, I can just imagine your surroundings when and if the cardinals, eagles, hawks, woodpeckers, and an array of so many other birds, happen to be in the same vicinity at once - it must be something out of a Disney movie, almost too animated with beauty and splendour to be real!!

    Gorgeous photos, my friend.

    Trying to catch up with my visits, as I've been spending less and less time away from the laptop,in an effort to alleviate the discomfort of this head/neck thingy I've had since early January.

    Wishing you a lovely week!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. The deer with the baby is my favorite ... Or maybe the cardinals, or maybe ... Oh I just love them all, how could I choose! I am trying to imagine "our" Florida Eagles walking in the snow and I bet they couldn't do it! Like me, they've become accustomed to Florida winters.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~