Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bluebirds, Buntings, Butterflies and Bees~


These images were taken across the lane from my home, in Mona's flower garden and at Foxhollow Farm and the Anchorage Trail~
Short and sweet and yet so long ;)
Many of you leave comments for which I am forever grateful.  
Many of those comments speak of the work that goes into each mosaic.
This blog, the images, are my pride and joy to share.
I take the photographs, place them in Picasa folders and then when I have free time, usually after dinner in the evenings, I begin the long process.
I edit each and every photo, over 72,000 have been edited so far.
Then I decide which images to delete...you have to see the finished photo before you can delete it and I can delete over 10,000 images in a day...ha I did it once and it took forever to empty my recycle bin!
Then I decide on which images to place into the mosaics and I am very colour sensitive, and have to use like minded colours on the same post...however bad that sounds, it almost always looks nice together...right ;)
Then it is which if any images go solo.  
With so many edited images that I like, it is very difficult to choose just one, and so I love thus use of mosaics.
All of this being stated, I have way too many drafts in the cache and I am going to need to publish 2 posts into my favorite memes this week.
I may have to do this for a couple of weeks, as I will want to share my vacation journey for the end of September.

And here we are number two of two posts for this published set.
Trying so hard to get caught up with all of the drafts I have loaded and ready to go.
Thank you so much for your kindness always~
Enjoy~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slide show presentation after you have read the narratives~

I will be linking up with Judith for:
Mosaic Monday
at: 
www.lavendercottagegardening.com

&

Stewart for:
   Wild Bird Wednesday




Bumblebees and Bluebirds, doing what they do best.  
The bee collecting pollen and the Bluebird feeding it's young.  
This time a grasshopper~




After spending part of my morning visiting Foxhollow Farm I went to another favorite place to walk the Anchorage Trail, where I took the Monarch Butterfly images~







Bluebird with a worm in it's mouth to feed a young one in a nest box nearby~





These American Goldfinch photos were taken along the fields of Anchorage Trail~











I have seen Indigo Buntings a few times on the trail.  
Always a treat to see these little beauties~






25 comments:

  1. Your photos and mosaics are amazing. Picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images, Mary, as always. There is so much vibrancy in the natural world, and the butterfly photos really display this with the sharp contrast of the insect's colour next to the brilliant magenta of the flowers, all against the softly focused green background. The bird mosaics are adorable; such hard working creatures they are! Thank you for the brightness of my new day!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, Sorry you read my warning message aimed at dishonest people and not at you obviously. Maybe I should add "double click the pics left button", but it's a little long winded.
    Your pictures today are exceptional especially the Bluebird(s) carrying food for their youngsters. What a thrill to have Bluebirds nesting in those boxes.
    The Monarchs are simply stunning too, such perfection, brilliance and vibrancy in their colours and shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very extraordinary. All are beautiful Mary....
    I love the goldfinch in the fields. Contrasting....

    If you'd like stop by and add your link today at NOON [texas time] at the Bird D'Pot.
    The new linking opens then for the week...

    at

    http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful but I am especially happy to see some Monarch butterfly photos! I have not seen one this summer. It is so sad that they are disappearing from us. Beautiful little birds..you capture so much ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your photography is exceptional, and your mosaics/collages/photos are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. I found myself thinking 'I like this one best' only to scroll down to find a new favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, I love your Bluebird and the Bunting..And the butterflies are gorgeous captures.. You mosaics are always a treat to see. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots. They are worth all the time you spend. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary, that first shot is gorgeous. Your mosaics are always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary your photography skills are amazing, the subjects breathtaking and the composition of your mosaics so insightful - a true labour of love.
    Thank you for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely set of images that are gorgeous...I love monarchs and your certainly enjoyed the swamp milkweed there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of working editing, eh? Your photos are enchanting. Love the Indigo Bunting....never seen one before. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful images! I feel like I am there, starting my morning with these flowers and bees and birds and butterflies, instead of sitting at my computer in AZ. :-) All my best! Keep it up! Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful mosaics! I love the bees and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful selection Mary. I love the colours of the Goldfinch and of course the Monarch.

    Best wishes ... FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each and every one of your photos is picture perfect. I really enjoyed scrolling down seeing such beauty in your captures.
    Regards from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful birds, flowers and bees.

    ReplyDelete
  19. -Stunning images, especially the Monarch and Bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful blogpost Mary - it's always been obvious from the high quality of your photos and the artistic way you arrange them into beautiful mosaics that a huge amount of work goes into your blog - I so enjoy meandering through the countryside and seeing such an amazing array of creatures in their natural habitat. All your shots are stunning, and I think the bluebird with the grasshopper in his beak is sensational - what an amazing shot to get, and it almost looks like he's posing for you! Thank you for sharing them all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary, those are just gorgeous photos - of gorgeous creatures. We are so blessed with so much beauty in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so many gorgeous birds and butterflies I envy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your photos are exquisite, Mary! I almost feel like I am in them and can hear that buzzing bee, the bird's song, and feel the breeze on the butterfly's wings!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~