Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, April 28, 2013

Post Number 975 in 3 Years and 10 Months~



Wow, who would have ever imagined...certainly not me!
This marks post number 975 for me in three years and ten months.
At first my posts ran an image a piece, because that was what was suggested. 
I had so many images that I wanted to share though, and so I then began to add more into each post. 
Then I discovered the making of collages on my photo program and well, that really changed the blogging world for me.
In the beginning, I would publish one, or more entries a day, and then it was at least five a week, then three and now, I am good if I get in one, or two published in a week. 
Someone recently said to me, "it sure looks like you put a lot of work into your blog entries".
Anyone who runs a blog, understands just how much work goes into it, and I enjoy it very much, but whew;')
After the images are uploaded, I edit each one, and then I go through and place certain images in folders that might get a future post. 
I then go back and select favorite images, not always the best as far as photography goes, but something that just strikes a special chord with me, my spirit, and those that I think will make for nice shares, and then I star those. 
If they are very special, they will appear alone, as well as in possibly a collage/mosaic entry.
For this special post marking 975, I have chosen some birding images, as well as Spring beauty on and around Tingsgrove, my home.
I hope that you will enjoy these selections, as well as your week.


I am linking up with Mary for:

"Mosaic Monday"


at:
http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com

and



I am linking up with Stewart at:


Wild Bird Wednesday

(http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/)

 


Male Red-Winged Blackbird~
 
 
 


Female Red-Winged Blackbird~
 
 



Eastern Phoebe making it's debut on my blog~

 
 
 


 


Eastern Meadowlark~
 
 



Red-Winged Blackbirds, and the kind of wetlands where they breed and nest~


 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 



Thank you for your visit, see you soon, when I pay a visit to your blog~

25 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, congrats on 975 posts. I love this post with the gorgeous flowers and wonderful birds. One of my favorites is the beautiful Meadowlark. Your photos are always a treat to see. Wishing you a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty collages and lovely collections. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mary, on all those blog posts! I haven't followed you for all that time but I do know it takes a lot of work and a lot of photos to make up a post. I enjoy your photos of nature and the birds around your home of Tingsgrove (love that name!). What is the flower with the bi-coloured bloom in blue and pink. It is gorgeous. All the best for many more posts. Blessings and hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such an array of beautiful nature photographs ~ Each one is divine! Congrats on your post count too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, a milestone for sure. These are awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations on 975 posts. I'm looking at all your birds and blooms and thought - you should submit to the magazine of that name as I'm sure they'd love your photos.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on #975! lovely blooms and birds throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a lot of wonderful blogging. My hubby and I have both enjoyed your nature photos for a long time and really look forward to them. Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Mary, on your blog anniversary! Great accomplishment, your posts always express a joy and love for the environment around you, a reflection of yourself, each image a wondrous testimony to your world.

    Your photography has taken wings, soaring high above, and I love your mosaic-making skills!

    I am so glad you chose to share your world with us, and count myself very fortunate that our paths crossed. You always enrich my day.

    With best wishes,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 975 posts - that's an impressive tally! The photos are gorgeous, as usual! The birds are so pretty, especially the blackbird with that stunning splash of colour, and I love the fluffy bullrushes(?). Keep up the fantastic work, and here's to the next 975 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations :) so many lovely pictures in this one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful photos and collages. It must take a lot of time to do all that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary. Congratulations on such an achievement. Well at 607 I have a long way to catch you up!

    The time an effort you put into your posts is very much appreciated ... such glorious photos and collages.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Hugs ... FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Mary, 975 posts is an accomplishment to be proud of and your photos are fantastic. I enjoyed every one of them, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is so much beauty in your post Mary. What a glorious garden you must have, showcasing plants that are my favourites too although the dogwoods do not take kindly to our climate. The meadowlarks and red-wings are spectacular.
    Great job and keep posting!!

    Hugs . . . Arija

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation!
    Great post, lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your posting! Another great one this time, love the birds on wire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures / collages you viser.Tak for the comment on my blog :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post with all the pretty flowers and cute birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your Meadowlark, that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love your collages -- every picture is perfect on its own and even better put together in such a beautiful way as you do.

    Thank you for sharing your talent and (yes) hard work! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous birds and spring flowers.
    Lovely as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. these images are a glorious celebration. Your bird images are superb, and those tulips - glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ps - congratulations on 975 posts. A milestone indeed - you do put a lot of work into bringing your corner of the world to us, and I thank you. Blogging can be hard work! but we need to be easy on ourselves, and if it doesn't happen one week, well it doesn't happen! Your followers will look forward to your next post even more!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~