Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, April 28, 2014

Foggy Morn Lifted Over Foxhollow Farm~





 

It has been a few months since I last participated in SkyWatch Friday and I have missed you.

I have had some health issues and have been wearing an event heart monitor for several weeks as well as had an outpatient surgical procedure, which did not take care of my problem.  I will continue to wear the monitor until I see my Cardiologist on July 10, and then decide what we do next. 

In the meantime, life is good.  We are surviving the 3 digit temperatures here in Kentucky and we have set new high records for a week now and more coming.  We need some good soaking rains very badly and summer has just now begun, so we are thinking that once again, it is going to be a scorcher.

When I travel from home into the city to visit my physicians, care for my father-in-law, and sister, as well as run errands, I pass by Foxhollow Farm.  I love this place, from the fresh produce, the gorgeous land, the Icelandic Horses and many birds that I have photographed often here.

On this particular morning there was a foggy haze that was just lifting, upon my arrival, and the heat was already getting to me, but I just had to stop and catch some images, and share them with you.

Happy SkyWatch Friday, and Happy weekend~


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours, and the horse is a real treat. Hope you soon have the answer to your medical problem. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful. those ponies must hate your excessive heat. sorry to hear your problem is on-going. keep smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos Mary! Waterlilies, wild chicory and all those lovely meadow flowers and the softening effect of the fog. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in a beautiful area Mary and your pictures do it justice.

    I am sorry about your heart problems and wish you the best of luck .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue flowers they are a delight growing along the highways. Our daughter moved near to this Fox Hollow farm. Can't wait to take some pics of the Icelandic horses of which I did not know they had. It looks like a wonderful place to pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Mary! The scenery is gorgeous. I wish you the best with your health and a definitive diagnosis soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary. Fabulous scenery and views ... just the ticket to lift the spirit.

    Hope you have a splendid weekend.

    Perhaps I could send you ALL of our daily rainfall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a place I'd like to visit! Your photos are just superb. Love that little brown horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That horse is my favourite, truly great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning images, Mary! So many beautiful serene scenes. I love the gorgeous calm pony. A wonderful way to start my morning viewing such lovely photographs.

    Wishing you answers to your medical issues and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks a lovely place to visit, to call in when passing Mary. i'll bet its one of those places that look and sound best at dawn and sundown too. Good luck on 10th July and try not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos in the soft morning light, Mary. Perhaps we could arrange to swap some of our weather with you, as we have the opposite problem: constant rain and no sun! Hope your health problem clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Mary,

    So sorry to hear about your health challenges. I sincerely hope that all goes well, my friend, and you are feeling better soon. You have such energy and vitality, which shine through your images, and today's are no exception! How absolutely stunning are these flowers of Fox Hollow Farms, blooming brightly in the spring sun, entertaining us with their silky radiance! Thanks for sharing them with us; they made me smile during this very cold spring, here in Toronto!

    Have an amazing week!

    xx
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so well and that the initial procedure didn't help. hope you're able to find the source of your problem and get well soon. so glad you decided to stop at the farm... your photos are beautiful. one could stay for hours there, if allowed. have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~