Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mountain Bluebird Does the Introduction~

Whenever we go on a holiday journey, I, like many of you give myself high expectations for new birds, new wildlife, new anything to photograph.  This journey was no different, and in that I also mean, we did more traveling around the country, than we did stopping and taking in just one special area.  We had so much ground to cover in so few days, and thus, we kept on the move.  I kept saying things like... I bet anything, if we could just get out and walk over there, we just might see something...;)   Then, early on our first morning at Custer State Park in South Dakota, there it was one quick flit of something... what was that?  It was a female Mountain Bluebird...got something new, at least on this journey.  Only got the one image, but it is not too bad to introuduce some of the views around Custer.









My husby Bill and our Meaka taking a break.  Me, myself and I, also taking a break~



 


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. The Mountain Bluebird is a beautiful bird, being a novice to America's wildlife. It's nice to be introduced to your husband, and your wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful scenes! and nice to see photos of you and your hubby and your gorgeous pup!

    i like the fence lines in the bluebird photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing country, isn't it Mary? We too drove and drove, but were never bored with the beautiful landscape. As always, wonderful photos, and especially of your kind and gentle face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got even more lovely landscape shots there Mary - all those wide open spaces as the songs from the films go. Which one am I thinking of?
    Great shot of the Mountain Bluebird too, what a shame you couldn't spend a bit more time with such a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mountain bluebird is wonderful and the scenery once again are breathtaking... Beautiful Mary and it is nice to see you ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~