Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, August 22, 2011

Who Says Ladies First~

Of human kind, it may be for the most part...ladies first, yet when it comes to the White-tailed Deer population of Tingsgrove and beyond, it is gentlemen first, or at least bucks before does.  Like a fine time piece the corn is placed, sometimes apples, and then at 3:30 down from the woods come the big boys, only two of them, but they are always together.  Then after they have finished with what they want, they go on their way.  Sometimes, while they are eating one of the does, and her fawn are lying in the shade near by, chewing their cud.  Yet, before too long, they get hungry and come for the remainder of the corn. 

My cat has been ill, and had to be put down this morning, thus said, a very rough few days this past week.  I have not done much photographing, and yet when the deer come so close to our home, they are an easy and lovely capture~ 
























Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, So sad about your beloved cat. Good to see though you are feeling well enough to take all those lovely pictures of the deer and make those attractive collages. Keep up your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sets.
    The animals are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a lot of fun with deer this summer. Great shots Mary.

    I'm having a wonderful break at my sister's where I have no responsibilities, not even having to provide entertainment or things to do for the Prof whose memory and cognitive skills are fading fast.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~