Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, July 11, 2011

Bad Feather Day~

It has been a busy past couple of weeks for me and I am hoping to get a little caught up on some blogging.

Our youngest daughter has been visiting from California and we have had some nice visits together with she and the rest of the family.

Then as I shared the other day, I was sort of gifted the new little kitten and she has had such a rough time of it. She had fallen some 15 feet and would have surely died, if it were not for two young ladies that watched her fall as they drove by in their car. Then she had to have 11 staples placed where she had an inner thigh tear.  If that were not enough, she had a scrap from where the EZ collar rubbed her neck. I began to notice that the area was becoming worse and she developed a high fever of 105.5. two days later.  I was just about beside myself with worry and it turned out that she was not having a reaction to the rubbing of the collar after all, but rather had a gross little 1" Botfly larvae in her neck, which we had lanced out. The poor kitten is doing much better and batting around little red paper balls as I type this entry.

The Red-shouldered Hawks were on a lamp post en route to church and the wind had really begun to pick up about the time I came upon them. A Mockingbird was also harassing the female that remained after the smaller male took off to hunt~













2 comments:

  1. You captured the wind day well Mary with those hawks almost blown from the wooden post. At this time of year too I guess adult birds don't always look their best after a breeding season and when they replace worn out plumage.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~