Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some Things to Fill in the Day~

The other morning while observing the Red-shouldered Hawk nest...which by the way, if all goes well, a first egg should hatch around 9 days from now... I saw this female Whitetail Skimmer.  In the tiny pond across the lane, was the Green Frog, making it's charming frog sounds, and along the way, I glimpsed tiny Coral Bell blossoms as well as my first to bloom Oakleaf Hydrangea blossom.  I am not positive, but I think that the bird pair were possibly Brown-headed Cowbirds.
 The female Banned Pennant Dragonfly...;)  I must smile.  We had gone to a Memorial Day ceremony at one of the larger cemeteries in Louisville.  With the use of my trusty 70/300 lens, I was panning the sky, as I had heard a Red-shouldered Hawk in the area.  I saw something moving a little closer and snapped whatever it was and it turned out to be this tiny dragonfly, which is, I believe a female Banned Pennant, just had to add it in this post too, as well as I liked the colours going on with this patch of fungi.  Enjoy your day wherever you may be, and stay safe always~ 










2 comments:

  1. Love the dragonfly Mary - quite spectacular markings and colouration. Nicely captured by your camera too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lens came in so handy! Nice close up of the dragonfly. It is so elusive, so swift, could not take a shot!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~