Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dueling Yellow-shafted Flickers~

One thing for certain, I like it when the Yellow-shafted Flickers duel for territory rights, because around here they almost always select nice dead trees that stand out in the open.  They put on nice displays which are actually friendly and sometimes they last for a couple of days.  Once the pairing up is complete than copulation results and the next generation is produced~















Note~

How many people are still having " Blogger" issues?  This is really becoming irritating, in that I have to go through so many hoops to leave just one comment on the blogs that I enjoy.  Not all of them, but still enough, that it is a bit of an annoyance, yet, I shall keep plugging along as best that I can, not knowing what we are to do to correct it~

3 comments:

  1. These are FABULOUS and exciting photos...I enlarged each one to thoroughly investigate everything.

    Thanks so much!

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have shown us what those flashes of yellow feathers are for Mary - a great little series of behaviour pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely interesting photos of behavior !
    I love this bird, the colors is so beautiful !
    Great shots !

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~