Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nest Site Three Stories Up & That is Not All~








Well, I posted this and forgot to add my information...  This pair of Canada Geese had made their nest atop the chimney on this 3 story home...so tall, that my lens could only take in 2 floors.

I did a little research and learned that these geese will indeed sometimes do this and if it is a 2 story building with turf and not pavement below, the goslings will take a leap, and or, be pushed off by one of the parents.  Since they are light and fluffy, they usually do not get hurt. 

However, a 3 story house is not a good thing at all.  Besides that, this is the same yard, not even 200' away that the Red-shouldered Hawks now have built a nest.  That is a whole other story, with much more to share next post~

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the old Canada Geese, aren't they lovely. And, you caught them flying, well done Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I always thought Canada Geese needed space to landing and a running take off. We never had any at our pond because of not the space to fly off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the Canada Geese! At this time of year I se them on my daily walks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~