Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time Out for the Mockingbird's Song~


Time Out For the Mockingbird's Song




When I was young, sometimes I would be sent to my room
the very reasons, now aren't important to remember.

"Up to your room", they would say,
but it didn't matter, for out on the telephone pole
the Mockingbird sang.

Listening to the song, quited my heartstrings
get over the blahs, sooth the sadness of my guilt
forgive me of poor judgement.

The Mockingbird made me smile,
it did not feel like such punishment
then to be sent to my room.

All throughout the summer,
every evening like a perfect timepiece
the song of the Mockingbird came
along with the Robin's song.

It was free for the listening
and a treasure I always keep
taking time out to listen and enjoy
whether sent to my room,
or there on my own~

December 20, 1998
Mary Howell Cromer












3 comments:

  1. These are my favorite birds. They are the only ones I have seen biting cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! he's all fluffed out and chubby looking, cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics, Mary. He almost looks frustrated from being in the cold.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~