Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, January 7, 2011

Dark-eyed Juncos in bright white~

Dark-eyed Juncos come more often in winter months than in other seasons here on the grove.  There are six subspecies of these Sparrow type birds.  Here most often is found the White-winged, Slate-coloured and sometimes what appears to be the Pink-sided Juncos. Each and every one of them is a lovely bird to photograph~











4 comments:

  1. I wish that I could be able to see a Dark-eyed Junco, that's what I can do, watch your beautiful birds on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolcissimo !
    Però... chissà che freddo poverino !
    Buona serata :)
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever seen the slate-colored ones. I love them, but how nice to have a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Very informative post along with well captured photos of the lovely bird!
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Yoshi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~