Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, November 27, 2010

Year Round Friends~

Some of our visitors are just that... they come to stay a while and then they are gone.  Others stay around all year long and in fact the Tufted Titmouse are so plentiful, if I were one that did seasonal bird counts, I would be lost in the midst of so many of them that come daily to the many feeders, 365 days a year.  They reproduce very well and the local Birds of Prey do not usually go for them, less it be a Coopers, or Sharp Shinned Hawk and it does not happen often...so far as I know around here.  Never see the remnants of their feathers on the ground, or anything else that would contradict this thought~









5 comments:

  1. Love those titmouse image Mary. Whe have them up here...but they are very rare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some are loyal to you, some are not.
    Beautiful shots again.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Italia si chiama " Cinciallegra".
    Delicato uccello e molto elegante :)
    belle immagini.
    Buona giornata :))
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious of you during the winter when you get a huge variety of birds when most of the colorful birds have left for warmer pastures.

    Great series of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up with you Mary and it's good to see you still taking those pictures and telling of your bird encounters. I never got to grips with Tufted Titmouse but they look a very attractive species.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~