Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Smallest of the American Woodpecker Family~

Sometimes I still get confused between the Downy and the Hairy Woodpecker.  The Downy has a shorter beak than the Hairy and that is for me the best way to know the difference.  They frequent the two acres all year round as well as enjoy the many seeds I offer in nearly a dozen bird feeders placed on our two acres~







6 comments:

  1. Bellissima la foto inizio post.
    Mi piace molto.
    Buona giornata :))
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice images Mary, those woodpecker are always there for our pleasure...even when most bird leave for south!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a woodpecker. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really see awesomeness in your captures... beautifully done..

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures Mary, you captured that red nape so well. Looks like you had a sunny day for the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!!

    I've considered putting out feeders. I can't keep the little devils off my house and thought the feeders might help. But then I worried that it would just attract more.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~