Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wrens and Sunflowers~

Wrens and sunflowers, that is what they were this day and then they were gone, not the wrens, but the sunflowers.  Sometimes I want to put little signs up, especially out in the wild, when I see natural growing sunflowers thriving and little wrens and others taking of the seed...special yes...  Evidently I was the only one that thought so because two days after these images were taken a bulldozer type of equipment came along and buried all of the sunflowers beneath tons of debris...urghhh.  Sure the wrens and others shall fly away to another location, but if this rig had just dumped his load just fifteen, twenty feet further away, the lovely sunflowers still loaded with seed would still be there as well~

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that.. because it looks like a very beautiful nature, all with the sunflowers and that lovely bird! Very lovely pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Your photos always amaze me and touch my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!
    The photos of the little wren are so sweet!
    It's difficult for me to watch "progress" sometimes...
    Mowing over dandelions and wild daisies is even difficult for me :o)
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just noticed the quotes in the sidebar! I love the ones by Emerson and Hovhaness... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photographs Mary.
    have a great day.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice combination there Mary.I'm afraid that not everyone has the same perspective of the world where nature is concerned. They miss and lose a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~