Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, September 16, 2010

RIP...My Wild Friend~



















Today was a sad day, for one of the 2 Red-tailed Hawks that I have fondly observed for a year and a half was found dead along the roadside today.  This happens quite frequently as the hawks fly in for a catch and and unsuspecting diesel truck hits them.  Between Hawks and Owls, this really is a daily thing on the interstates here~

7 comments:

  1. oh... yes...that is sad.
    Nature and man's machines are a tough mix.

    So sorry ~
    *Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those flight pictures are awesome. I hope you have time this weekend to get some more.

    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very sad when this happens Mary. Over here it is often Kestrels and Barn Owls that are road and rail casualties. Have a great weekend's birding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sad, i had the feeling that i knew this bird with all the images you shared with us! At least you have all those nice images of here :(

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~