Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Parched Earth~

Wow, I sure do miss blogging when days like the past few come along and I miss you all as well. I love viewing your entries and seeing all of the special things happening in your own little worlds. My own has been set back a few days due to our two acres becoming so draught ridden, it is hard to know what can, or cannot be done to help. It would be impossible to water all two acres, and so I have chosen only the areas that I can reach easily and has the most potential of loss, if it suffers much more. We are in our 75th day of temperatures reaching 90' and above. We have gone several weeks without rain and the land that I love is looking more like volcano ash, it is so dry and parched. Wildlife is suffering as well, for the tiny pool of water that has never dried up in 29 years is all but bone dry. Trees are withering and dying, branches are falling and any autumn colours shall wane, before they ever even begin on the grove. I must admit, it makes me very sad, yet this too is nature and we must do the best that we can when these times come. My heart aches for those who have farms and crops and their losses too shall be great. Funny thing though, we have an awesome two acre crop of acorns, so that shall provide food for the wildlife for now and into winter. Never thought that I would say these words, but winter can come any time now, I am ready for snow, rain, sleet, even ice, bring it on.  Hoping things are better in your world~   

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear! Me too get worried of the animals.. and birds.. Your acres and plants.. I hope you'll soon, very fast, have some rain!! Hoping and believing in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the s econd and third shots are simply wonderful
    the header also

    and.-...

    I want to say you THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THE VISIT AND COMMENT
    Nice day
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/09/changesofsky/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... la stagione estiva se ne stà andado... ed arriva l'autunno... amo questa stagione perchè si tinge la foresta di colori caldi e bellissimi.
    Buona giornata e belle le tue foto !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, how did this dry spell turn out? And now a year later has it been a better season...Lord we pray for showers of blessings on this dry and parched land ... and may we hunger and thirst for Him

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~