Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, August 27, 2010

Seven Weeks of Freedom From the Nest~

It is hard to believe that on September 5, it shall have been 2 months since the young one took it's first flight.  For several weeks it has pretty much stayed a good five to six acres away, coming my way only for a quick dash and look-see and then a mad flight back to where the adults come to feed it.  The past two weeks however, I am hearing it from all directions including soaring high above the grove.  It is always so exciting watching them thrive and begin their hunting skills.  I watched the juvie for a very long time, until the Mosquitos just about did me in ( and that is with the full use of Cutter spray, I might add...urghhh) the other day, and as the images will show, it is looking simply said, marvelous~

2 comments:

  1. Mary, There is nothing quite like a young bird in its immaculate juvenile feathering, a joy to behold as you have shown us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great bird Mary.. becoming a beautiful adult.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~