Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Visit With the Young Eyas First Time in Nearly 3 Weeks~

It has been three weeks today since the young hawk flew from the nest and 19 days since I had viewed it.  There are 2 neighbors that have me taking care of their place while on vacation, mostly feeding the wildlife. Yesterday while tending to one of them, I heard the young eyas, near their home, a good 5 acres from nest tree.  There were about a dozen Crows making all kinds of racket and then not too long after this had begun, I heard the adult female and she was displaying her wrath to the Crows.  She would fly at them and yelled at the top of her awesome voice.  I still had not seen the young one, until the female made another sweep toward the Crows, and then I saw it just as it flew toward the adult and the Crows had finally taken off.  It looks wonderful and I could not be more pleased, and it was really neat when the young one would look toward the camera and seemed to still remember me, for it did not take off for a long while~

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see the young ones after they have left their nest, from time to time.
    I also see the young hawks flying around here, not leaving the neighborhood.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise for you Mary.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~