Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Water Turtle Returning to Pond After Laying Her Eggs~



This time of year the female water turtles leave the ponds and lakes nearby to locate places they have been before to lay their precious turtle eggs.  As with sea turtles, pond turtles also have many eggs taken by cats, dogs, opossums and raccoons, to name a few creatures that dig up and eat the eggs.  This water turtle was making her way across two lanes of traffic and I picked her up and moved her in the direction that she was headed, back to her pond after she had completed her trek to deliver this years eggs...does it not look like she is pleased with herself, sure seems to be smiling, if you ask me~

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, up close and personnal image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots, she does seem to be smiling. We always had many turtles in our pond. She brings back pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~