Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, June 21, 2010

Snake Meat and a Little TLC~



The young one is growing and should be around 5 weeks old now. It has begun to stand up for longer periods on it's own and continues to scare me as it gets so very close to the nest rim, but it seems very strong. This particular day the hen brought the young one a small snake and after the eyas had eaten it's fill the hen removed it to a larder in tree nearby. It was also this day that after the young one had eliminated once again too close to the nest rim, the hen used her beak to gently hold it in close to her, as if trying to show the young one to be very careful. It was yet another tender moment, that I felt privileged to witness~

3 comments:

  1. Again love to watch the young one grow every day, through your lens Mary.
    Have a great day.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs again.
    And an award for you in my blog Mary.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~