Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, June 14, 2010

Red-Shouldered Hawk With Her Single Chick in a Tender Moment~



One of the beautiful things about witnessing the behavior of the hawks is to be able to view the tender moments had between the adult female and her young ones.  Now at around 30 days old, and having watched this single chick for a couple of weeks, I am satisfied to finally state that my previous thought is that this is the only chick this season.  It is thriving beautifully and for the first time in many seasons of observing these beauties, I feel that the female has much more time to be more attentive~

3 comments:

  1. Wow how could we imagine that this raptor will show some tenderness!! You got a nice moment I guess and I would have enjoyed that too... Beautiful post Mary. Thanks for writing so many nice comments on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again Great photographs Mary.
    No matter how wild the parents can be.
    They show their tenderness and love to their young.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hawk and her chick... such a lovely photo and great capture Mary.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~