Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, June 18, 2010

He Appeared to be Larger Even Than Ruby-throated Hummer~


We have lots of Dragonflies and Damselflies that visit the grove's creek area this time of year through summer ending.  The females are looking for places to lay their eggs and the males are on the prowl.  I had just crossed over one of our creek bridges when something appeared to my left and I thought at first it was a Ruby-throated Hummingbird.  Then I looked again and it was the largest male Green Darner Dragonfly, I have ever seen. It was a monster and overshadowed all of the others near by, chasing them away, for he was most certainly the dominate one at least for now~

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! That is a huge dragonfly and his wings are so delicate. What a capture!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~