Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adult Female Startled me~



It will happen once in a while when the nest is on a site that I am not so certain about that times will give me a start.  This day was one of those in that as I was taking my usual gentle stroll along the area near nest site, I must have stepped a foot past the acceptable boundaries. As I took the extra step, out of nowhere the female came swooping in with her broad wings and perched above me and gave me a glare from the nest as if to say...enough of that.  I had gifted her with yet another road kill snake and she was not even grateful, in fact she was in process of removing a previous meal that she had neither fed to the Eyas, or herself, hmm what was up with that~

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and post. I am in Birmingham right now, but heading home this afternoon. About the Lewis's woodpecker, I got several pictures of it and have some other interesting pictures I will post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she got a bit fed up with those ready meals Mary and fancied a bit of home cooking. You got some fine pictures though showing lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick for the snake, but the photos and story are great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~