Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, May 29, 2010

These antics were even better in person~




For whatever reason when there is a hawk of just about any kind in the area, there is most probably also going to be Blue Jays.  This is not one of our local hawks, but saw it in the big city near me.  I stopped to watch it as it was certainly being mocked by this silly Blue Jay.  The hawk just about got the Jay when it looked the other way and slipped past the hawk just in the last second~

3 comments:

  1. Great photographs Mary. Reminds me of scenes i saw last summer here. Some i have on the video i m posting on my sidebar. "Young hawks in the city". It shows some local crows harassing young hawks. Its kind of funny really.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great series! It's always kinda funny to watch the smaller guys mobbing the big guys. Sometimes it's pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bluejay is very courageous! Nice reportage ;)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~