Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Forty-one days since the first egg was laid~

*Note: I will say this often, so forgive me if I repeat myself. This nest site is in a great location, and yet it is very high, as well as there are only 4 spots that I can even get a look-see from. So here is to hoping for the very best, and that the young Eyas thrive, and do not fall, for that always presents even further stress on the hawks, but especially on me~












Things are still going well at the nest site. The young Eyas have not been up out of the well of the nest yet, but I expect to view fluffy white down any day now. The hen stays very close to nest and sits higher and higher upon it as days go by. She moves about atop the nest more often too. This morning, I collected a good 5 to 5 1/2 foot Rat Snake that had been hit by a car and placed it in a place where I hoped the hawks could find it. After 4 hours, I went to check and I am hoping that it was moved high into a safe spot for later eating and feeding of young, for it was gone~

1 comment:

  1. I am following this series from the beginning Mary. I might say i am as anxious as you are.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~