Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, April 21, 2010

While the male looked out for his fair maiden, and their nest, she took a bath in our creek~

The third nest attempt for the season has held one full week tomorrow.  There is still another two weeks before the adults will be able to detect life from within the egg and much could still go wrong.  One thing I can say, is they male is staying closer to the nest along with female.  He chased a Pileated Woodpecker out of nest area as well as Yellow-Shafted Flicker yesterday.  While the male looked out for his fair maiden, and their nest, she took a bath in our creek ( sorry, she was down in the bank side and I could only see her head pop up barely...maybe another time ), and then went up into a nearby tree to dry off and preen her beautiful feathers~
NOTE: Bottom image is the male, next is what I can view from my yard.  Can you locate the nest?  If you look in the middle of the image and then go 2/3 of the way up, you should find it~

1 comment:

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~