Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, February 2, 2010

These were the first images taken of the two young hawks making their first attempts at soaring~

Aah, I have finally reached my tenth and final entry for the last season's young Red-Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove. In the photographs they are taking their first flights and soaring. In the first two images at the bottom, you will see the male adult bringing a meal to one of the young eyas, and in another the young hawk flying to meet him and collect the meal. I think of all of the whole of nearly 4 months of close observation, these first flight bring me such a thrill, that they have finally arrived and they are free and able to now do what they must to get started on the rest of their lives. It is one of those beautiful journey's that I just happened to be privy to and I am forever thankful to my very kind and patient neighbors that allow me access to their properties, when the birds decide not to nest on our grove~

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Mary, these photos take my breathe away! Absolutely stunning. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had a wonderful season filling your eyes with the sensations of life and living brought to us all by exploring Nature. By investigating the outdoors, we often can find our own true Nature within.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great serie!! Love the action photos!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~