Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, February 1, 2010

Nothing quite so wonderful though as in holding one of these majestic creatures and then getting them safely settled into a safe place and then wait on nature to work it's miracles~

This being the ninth day of sharing images of last years season with the young Red-Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove will be coming to a close in a few days. These were not rehabbed hawks, but rather wild ones that live near our home. The only thing that I have done is in helping the fallen chicks by helping them get placed into baskets up in nest tree, or nearby tree, so that their own can complete the raising of them. Nothing quite so wonderful though as in holding one of these majestic creatures and then getting them safely settled into a safe place and then wait on nature to work it's miracles. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity so close to me. Every year, I look forward to their return. They have begun their search for a nest site, spending more time near our property hunting and yelling. Nest building and breeding can take place anytime over the next few weeks. In these photos the young hawks practiced their mantling skills and they had begun to look more like adult hawks~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~