Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The area is posted to a point and then once you reach the old rusted fence, that is a clear indication to stop~

One goes out and has the best of hopes for a day of adventure and wildlife photography. Just being in nature all alone with just me, myself and that which surrounds me is all the peace I should ever need. There are several places that I can journey off to, not far from the grove. The images for this post were taken yesterday afternoon. The area is posted to a point and then once you reach the old rusted fence, that is a clear indication to stop. The fields are full of the beauty of life spent on wild flowers and grasses. A pair of Red-Tailed Hawks live in this area and is so large that the chances of viewing them are always slim, but I just keep trying. My little trek was cut short as I was walking along what looked like an old truck rut, turned out to be the never ending hole. It was full of ice cold mucky water and as soon as my left foot struck upon it, it gave way all the way to my knee. I had a mile and a half to trudge home, but the day was still a great one~

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful photos you have here! Those hawk images are perfect.
    You are also very skillful with using light.
    I will be a big fan of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flight pictures. You keep capturing these birds of prey as they do their hunting. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that taking pictures of Nature and its precious components is like slowing down to respect and consciously select the experiences we want to draw into our lives. By taking photos of objects that resonate with us, we reflect upon the details of life and digest the feelings more fully that are associated with the contacts we are making within the wild. Therefore, we too, then take in the wild side within our own selves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! Specially the ones where you caught the flight of the birds...

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get a turkey vulture? Is that it? Wow well done... I've seen it only once and it was in Chile during a meeting.... unfortunately I did not have my camera...
    The last pictures are so beautiful... you got a very good light on it and gorgeous backgrounds... This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...great hawk shots and vulture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shot. You are the best photograph.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~