Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, December 26, 2009

It was my first Christmas gift of the season~

It was Christmas Eve afternoon and I was driving along the country lane, that takes me into our little community.  I had seen a Red-tailed Hawk on this drive, only a few times in 30 years, and the times were always fleeting.  As I was driving along in a mist of rain falling, I spotted what might be a hawk, checked rear-view mirror to make certain no one was behind me, and I slowly pulled over and caught a few photographs before it flew away.  It was my first Christmas gift of the season, and it was a nice thing~  Their territories broad enough, I actually think, even though it was about a mile, or a bit more away as a bird flies, this may be one of the pair that took care of the White-tailed deer carcass a couple of weeks ago~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~