Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, November 26, 2009

Red-tailed hawk feeds on White-tailed deer carcass~

Sometimes it takes days and many visits to capture the photograph that you have been waiting for. I would like to thank neighbors Rita and Stan for their ring-up alerts  to let me know when the hawks would arrive to feed from the deer meat. It is always a sad thing when anything is killed, yet there is a reason for everything, and each has it's purpose. The Red-tailed hawks came several times, and I kept missing them. Yesterday afternoon, I got yet another ring-up and finally got so many photographs, it is going to be very difficult to select the few that I want for this series. The hawk at times had to really tug at the meat, to even grab a sliver~













The larger female watches from a nearby tree limb~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    This is a splendid documentary full of fantastic pictures! Wow, this hawk is so beautiful! Well done. I guess you were more than happy to get pictures like that!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~