Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, November 28, 2009

It has been a few months since I last viewed the adult female Red-Shouldered hawk~

It has been a few months since I last viewed the adult female Red-Shouldered hawk.  It was early afternoon when I heard the familiar yelling and knew that one of  my favs was on the grove. ( If you have never heard the voice of a Red-Shouldered hawk, oh my, you should listen online, for they are very loud and you cannot possibly miss their presence once they have arrived. ) I gathered up my camera and went out into the cold air and quietly listened and then I spotted it, the large female was sitting high up in a tree and did not seem to take notice of me.  It is always such a pleasure to witness their presence.  Is this the same female that has come every season of the year, since 1996, I would love to think so...  It always gives me hope for the next breeding season in late February, that they may return once again to Tingsgrove to breed and brood a nest of chicks~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful bird. I am going to photograph and see one in the future. In the meantime - keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sighting and photos of the Red Shouldered Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful Mary and looks very impressive. A beautiful set of pictures. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very pretty for a Hawk. Ours are very dull coloured. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~