This afternoon while checking on the Red-shouldered Hawk nest, I was walking across a small walk bridge, when I must have startled this tiny fawn. It started running at first toward the highway and I blocked that from happening. It then ran toward the woven wire fence and was trying to get through, when all of a sudden, that is exactly what it did. Just think about it though, it is a brand new fawn and the birth canal would have been just about the same size~













What a cutie, great shot'S and great encouter!" Wow i can't beleive he went trough!
ReplyDeleteThe fawn is absolutely brilliant.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of Bambi!!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful little creature you found Mary. You got some superb pictures because I know how fast deer can run off.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Mary! These moments are so precious. You may have another encounter with this fawn . . . for their mother must have left it in what she considered a safe place. I had two fawns napping in the garden one day and walked around with them before they settled back down and went to sleep again . . . until their mom showed up and they nursed. You may be lucky to see that too! I hope so. Fabulous photos!
ReplyDeletewowww awesome captures :D
ReplyDeletebrilliant :D
What a joy to see,these are superb images.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic treat.
John.
What a wonderful post and very very very nice encounter. Wonderful collection of pictures Mary!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! Even though I have deer every day in the backyard, I rarely see them this young. I'm catching up on my blog reading, and read that this little one didn't make it. That makes me sad. I know it's nature's way, but it still saddens me.
ReplyDelete