Next door to our home there is a lovely Crabapple tree that is loaded with fruit during the autumn season. A little girl passed away over twenty years ago now, and the tree was planted in her honor. I look upon it as the Lisa tree. As the fruit begins to rot, that is when they come, American Robins, Tufted Titmouse, Cedar Waxwings, Black-capped Chickadees and even the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker came one day... and ate until it was full and then like the berries it was gone, although we have the pleasure of it's company all year round~
You've caught that one alright, the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, it would like to be there so I can photograph it, ah, I may get lucky!
ReplyDeleteLe foto sono spettacolari in questa intimità.
ReplyDeleteBelle.
Buona giornata :)
Myriam
Those little apples are very popular Mary, full of nourishment. I guess you saw our crab apples are frozen solid for now but even when they thaw I wont get a lovely sap sucker like you did.
ReplyDelete